VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

Sure is difficult to maintain an even keel in these waters while the government is shut down...

Spent months in Gathering Dust Phase. Moved to this spot on a few days back.

Any idea how long it "normally" takes in this phase? (I know nothing is really normal at the VA).

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update just as posted in the past the RVSR had review my file in this matter the reason for the status of this letter because I know that my jumped status was over looked then at this point I had to direct their attention to my 201 file since then my file was request from St. Louis Mo. it shows when I re-enlisted for the 82nd Airborne Division also it showed when I attended jump school. now my claim was first denied because the VSR over looked in blocked # 7 on my DD 214 that I was assign to the Airborne Corps Foscom 82nd Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg N.C. now the rater has requested that the VA Medical Center look at my medical file in which to see if a C&P is needed or if I can be rated on the medical evidence in which he has,.this is the request of the RVSR to the VSR: It states In support of the reopened claim for a thoracolumbar spine disability, the Veteran submitted a statement from a private physician relating his disability to his in service jumps. a review of the veteran DD 214 shows his last duty assignment was the Airborne Corps. please request the Veteran complete personnel records upon receipt of personnel records, review for participation in any parachute jumps, if and involvement in parachute jumps, or mission are identified, an examination and opinion will be necessary. so this was the request of the RVSR, now how does plays out?