VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va E-Folder?

Rate this question

salty65

Question

I called the DAV today to obtain the status of my current disability claim and was told all of my documents had been loaded into the e-folder for processing by the VA. My claim is currently located in the "rating phase." All feedback is appreciated, thank you.

Edited by salty65

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

my suggestion, stay away from the e-benefits site. It is often down, many times inaccurate. Rating phase is a good place. The VA is determining the rating each disability is to be awarded. Then on to the review, signature and notification phases. Good luck!

Have you checked the ebenefits.va.gov website?

Yes Sue, I have checked the Ebenefits.gov website. That is how I determined that my claim was in "the rating phase."

The va has three systems going right now. E folder means that the most if the claim is in the one program called virtual va. This is mostly retiree a and people separating under processing out. (Could be your claim not sure when you separated).

Then there is the new system VBMS where claim folders are being sent to processing centers to scan everything in so that your claim will be electronic. Claims that have hust been rated are getting sent off eight after the decision.

And last is the old system they are phasing out. On the development side it's called mapd where everything is done o. Paper /claims folder hard copy. I know this isn't a very good description but on iPhone. I can maybe explain later at home, but hoping this will shed light.

The va has three systems going right now. E folder means that the most if the claim is in the one program called virtual va. This is mostly retiree a and people separating under processing out. (Could be your claim not sure when you separated).

Then there is the new system VBMS where claim folders are being sent to processing centers to scan everything in so that your claim will be electronic. Claims that have hust been rated are getting sent off eight after the decision.

And last is the old system they are phasing out. On the development side it's called mapd where everything is done o. Paper /claims folder hard copy. I know this isn't a very good description but on iPhone. I can maybe explain later at home, but hoping this will shed light.

Thanks T8r, I do recall the individual I spoke with saying all of my documents had been uploaded and were electronic now. She also said,"it must be real close to being completed, if it has been uploaded to the efolder." I submitted my claim in November of 2012, so it is approaching the 1 year point.

P.S. I retired in 2006 from the Air Force, if that helps pin down which system my claim might have been uploded into.

If you retired in 06 and filed before separating it will be in virtual va. Most all VvA claims were done in Winston Salem as a hub, but they got backed up and we received a big hunk of them at our RO. Should hopefully be soon. Hang in there. Your claim is still part of the old claim initiative. Hope you receive a favorable decision.