VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiculopathy...

Rate this topic

I took Lyrica for a few years. Received it from the VA. Your PCP has to be on your side to get it. Every time you order it your PCP has to justify the prescription. Helped for a while. Caused me to gain almost 50 lbs. Quit taking it over a year ago. I've been taking Oxycodone for over a year now to fight the leg and back pain. Currently at 10 mg every 6 hours. If I'm sitting at home I can go about 5 hours before the pain gets so bad I have to take another dose. If I'm up and active I'm lucky to make it 4 hours. Currently taking Venlafaxine for the depression and the pain. Going to tell my PCP next month that it's not working for the depression or the pain. I'm starting to think that a single application of a hollow point to the brain will be the best way to end the pain and depression.

Hang in there guy. Things are not always gonna be on the down side. For what it is worth, one day at a time. :wink:

Has anyone here been on Methocarbamol at 500mg strength? along with 300mg of Gabapentin 3xs a day?

Edited by arng11

• 2 weeks later...

arng11. I have Methocarbamol 500mg and I now take 900mg Gabapentin 4x a day. Make sure you take the Gabapentin as required and get it in your system, this is the only way it will work. Once that happens and if it doesn't work then ask your PCP to up the mg of the Gabapentin. They was wanting to put me on 5,000mg per day but the VA pharmacy said they don't have that much. Everybody's case is a little different depending on how the body reacts to it.

The VA doc increased the dosage from 100mg to 300mg along with the Methocarbonol. I space it out as best as I can. It does a number on me. Feels like you just coming off the nitrous from a dental visit. I can't say that it's a tremondous help but it does take the edge off a little. Timing it right with work and college is a bit hard. The pain meds from my CTS surgery along with those above are a strong punch.

Edited by arng11

Endocet 5/325 those are the ones that hit me a little bit much

• 2 weeks later...

quote name="StreetWalker" post="319424" timestamp="1383355097"]

I took Lyrica for a few years. Received it from the VA. Your PCP has to be on your side to get it. Every time you order it your PCP has to justify the prescription.Helped for a while. Caused me to gain almost 50 lbs. Quit taking it over a year ago.I've been taking Oxycodone for over a year now to fight the leg and back pain. Currently at 10 mg every 6 hours. If I'm sitting at home I can go about 5 hours before the pain gets so bad I have to take another dose. If I'm up and active I'm lucky to make it 4 hours.Currently taking Venlafaxine for the depression and the pain. Going to tell my PCP next month that it's not working for the depression or the pain.I'm starting to think that a single application of a hollow point to the brain will be the best way to end the pain and depression.