VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Rumor True About Appeals ?

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

We need a new law passed that says that neither congress nor the president get paid until they have a budget in place for everyone else 1 year in advance, so that department heads can plan their budgets also.

This is the way "business" works: The business owner gets paid last..only after the last employee has been paid, if there is anything left over, that is. I know. I was a biz owner.

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad to see you continue to be one of the most nasty hateful people on this site. You need to get yourself a drink and stop the cussing. If I was a veteran in a desperate situation you could have pushed myself or someone else over the edge with that attitude. it was a simple question which you clearly cant answer so just shut up and don't respond. JC

Obviously, it wasn't such a simple question, otherwise "you" wouldn't have asked it. It has already been asked/answered/posted at least 5 times, in one way or another. I'm sorry if you take offense to me. I suggest you not read anything "I post," as on occasion, I get frustrated w/some questions being posted & answered, over and over, and may use an expletive or two. Unfortunately I can't prevent how each veteran reacts to my statements(s). I think I will have a drink(must be 5 o'clock somewhere) and thanks for the suggestion. Would you like some whine w/your geezzz? jmo

pr

Jcolwell,

I spoke with a Texas Veteran's Service Officer who works in the Waco RO this morning. She told me that Waco was not doing any work. They have furloughed quite a few people down there and that the have stopped working appeals and possibly claims. I have a personal friend who works there as well. I talked to him on Monday night and he told me that his department was being furloughed on Tuesday. His department would be allowed to go in Tuesday morning to clear out whatever they needed and that they would not be allowed in the building after 10am Tuesday morning. He works in the department where the make all copies of documents, so say if you were waiting on your C-file....you will have to wait until after the furlough is over to receive any documents. Any letters that need to be sent out, would not be sent out. The bottom line, he said was, that there maybe a few people that would not be furloughed to continue processing claims but there would be no one there who works on the claim process down the line. So there would be no rating, no approvals, no letters going out, etc....It sounds like the Waco RO has already ran out of money and are severely impacted by the Shutdown!! They are already slow as Molasses so this is not good for those like myself, who have appeals and claims pending at the Waco RO!! Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I'm not sure if this is the process in other RO's as of this morning or not. You may want to check with your representative to see what's going on at your RO.

Shyne-I

Hey Bronco,

I have the perfect solution to avoid a shutdown/default in the future. We need a constitutional amendment that states if at any time the United States Government fails to pass a budget prior to the expiration of the previous one or if the Federal Government defaults on any obligation without the default having been expressly approved by a 2/3rds majority in both houses, the elected members of the legislative branch and executive branch will be subject to the punishment of decimation. All will draw lots, of which one tenth will indicate decimation. Those elected officials having been selected for decimation will then immediately be taken out and shot in the back of the head. No death benefits or pensions will be paid out to the survivors of elected officials removed from office in this manner.

Something like this should ensure people govern with a little more attention to duty!

Don't think the above would even work. The corruption runs so deep, someone would get paid off to load the gunsed used for the shooting would be filled with blanks. Shots would be fired, the intended targets would fall down and shortly thereafter someone would pick them up and load the up to haul away to the nearest pub where they could lhave a drink and a good laugh.

Philip,

I was on a PEB forum when I was active waiting to be Medically Retired this past February. Along with that site and Hadit, I have found that most people are hard core in the site and learning about how to submit their claims and not get screwed. The problem is when most people do get 100% whether it takes months or years, they all of sudden rarely get on site to help people, they just say "Man you guys are over anxious and going crazy", well that's easy cause you are at 100%. The VA in the last few years has put a lot of good people thru bad times, when most cases can be accomplished in a short period. I have a friend who is a GS18 at Dallas VA and another that is a Rater, and they tell me that they could do 10 cases a day if it wasn't for the Bureaucracy and the politics involved just to sign off on a completed claim. I had to resign from a high paying job as an Agent with the state, so we wont get rich anytime soon, even if we all were 100%. But I tell you one thing, if we owed the government 1$, they would take what little we had. God bless to all on here.