VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Rumor True About Appeals ?

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

Ohh and btw, my mail carrier says he didnt put the envelope there and he didnt know where it may have came from. It wasnt there when I checked the mail that afternoon. And VA claims to have mailed me a total of 7 of those forms but I have never received any to this day.

How about something like:

Honorable ___,

I would like to seek your assistance in handling a problem I am having with the Department of Veteran Affairs. The VA informed me my benefits were cut in error in March 2013. They stated it was an error in their system which wrongfully terminated my IU benefits in March, and promised to get the error fixed within 3 months. It has now been over 7 months and the error has not been fixed. Meanwhile, my family is in jeopardy, as we had to rely on my VA benefits because of my inability to work due to my disabilities incurred in the service.

I received a letter January __ from the VA informing me if I did not complete Form ___ by February 1, that I would lose my IU benefits. These are benefits for being unable to work due to my service connected disabilities.

I called the VA and was told they had sent me the form. However, I did not receive it. I called them several times after that and still never received the form. On January 22, 2013 I asked them to fax it to me. I received the form and faxed it back the same day. I then called the VA was confirmed they had received my fax. I was informed they had received the required form from me, and that it was showing up on the computer.

Despite the fact the VA received the required form well before the February 1 deadline; my benefits were cut as of March 2013. When I followed up to find out why my benefits were cut, I was told that it was an error because the computer did not recognize the form for some reason. I was informed this error would be fixed, and it would take up to 3 months for the issue to be resolved.

It is now October XX and to my knowledge error has still not been fixed. I have tried to be patient. However, as had to rely on my VA payments due to being unable to work due to disabilities I incurred in the military, the VA’s failure to fix this error in a timely manner is having a serious impact on my ability to care for my family and myself.

It was an honor to serve my country. However, to have my benefits reduced by mistake, and wait over 7 months for the VA to fix the error which wrongfully terminated my IU benefits is not easy, especially as the VA admitted it was an error, and promised to get the error fixed within a few months. I hope you can assist me in obtaining a successful resolution to this matter.

Edited by free_spirit_etc