VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Finally Got 100% Now Everyone Hates Me!

Rate this topic

F4crewchief

First off congrats on your win and beating your demons and homelessness. Moving forward I wouldn't tell anyone about your 100% because family friend or foe not everyone will be glad that your in a better position. Thanks for your service and thanks for sharing. I don't hate you so keep your head up. :smile:

I just want to say Congrats i haven't posted on here a lot but i have been reading and looking at other sites and learning and I know how you feel my wife gets so angry at me because all i do is read but i know when or if i get to the magical 100% she will be happy and i know i will to and our kids will be better cared for but getting there is no easy task i have been at 90% for years and have never applied for or tried to get a higher rating until now so I understand how you feel many good wishes and enjoy the retirement and go fishing or travel the country enjoy life to its fullest

• Founder

F4crewchief - Congratulations you said "what the most important thing...is that I love me today!' That is the best thing of all. I kind of agree with folks about moving on to a new city. Start thinking about what kind of life you would like to have and what states or cities you may want to live in. Take your time, lots of time, do not make any quick decisions to quickly until you have the win under your belt for a few months.

You don't need to tell anyone, anything. You can say you are retired, you can say your uncle left you a stipend to live off, you can tell them that when you were younger you made some good investments. Do not tell anyone and be very careful about anyone who is overly interested in your finances.

Live well, love yourself, practice compassion and I hope that your life will be joyful.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use