VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Raised Issues From C&p Exam & Eed

Rate this question

jstone1950

Question

Had a c&p exam on June 17, 2013 for mental disorders other than ptsd, particularly for increase fir adjustment disorder at 30% .sc residuals from prostate cancer surgery and later radiation after cancer return. The examiner diagnosis was Mood Disorder NOS, ICD code 296.90 axis category I.

Further checked:

Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, and/or mood.

Depressed mood,

Near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively

Chronic sleep impairment

Fattened effec

Disturbances of motivation and mood

Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including worklike setting or work

Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships

Suicidal ideation

Impaired impulse control such as provoked irritability

The examiner further states:

It is felt that his adjustment disorder diagnosis is better accounted for at this point by the broader Mood Disorder NOS diagnosis , although their certainly is strong evidence that his depressive symptoms date back to his time in the military and are more likely than not caused by his noted military stressor. Symptom intensity appears to be overall severe with spikes to very severe during periods of stress.

My question(s) are since I have applied for depression, stress headache, ptsd in the past and been denied, do I have a good chance of reopening those issues with earlier effective dates.

I, m a Vietnam vet with agent orange due to prostate cancer at present with temp 100%. Your input is greatly appreciated

MultiQuote

Edit

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

“My question(s) are since I have applied for depression, stress headache, ptsd in the past and been denied, do I have a good chance of reopening those issues with earlier effective dates. “

The problem with that is that the VA will only render one MH rating.Did the rate the headaches at a NSC percent?

I am a little stunned that they denied you for PTSD in the past, then again they did award for the Mood disorder.

Do you have a copy of that older PTSD denial and also the Mood disorder award.?

You don't have the decision yet so maybe best to see what EED the VA will give you but I am sure it will be the date you opened this specific claim.Then with the decision (if you can scan and attach it here ) cover the personal stuff, maybe we can see a way to possibly recover some retro for a better EED....maybe the old PTSDs regs (depending when that claim was filed) and then again...the doc did give you a favorable statement as to the depression:

"It is felt that his adjustment disorder diagnosis is better accounted for at this point by the broader Mood Disorder NOS diagnosis , although their certainly is strong evidence that his depressive symptoms date back to his time in the military and are more likely than not caused by his noted military stressor. Symptom intensity appears to be overall severe with spikes to very severe during periods of stress."

That is a very interesting statement. The decision will tell you and all of us more as to how proceed.

Did the VA attempt to confirm the stressor in the older PTSD claim?

“I, m a Vietnam vet with agent orange due to prostate cancer at present with temp 100%. Your input is greatly appreciated “

“residuals from prostate cancer surgery and later radiation after cancer return “

Have you had a recent C & P yet for the residuals of the Prostate cancer claim?

I had a c&p exam for the residual of the prostate cancer in june also that stated painful orgasm, radiation proctitis, ED, slight anemia from pc, incontinence and pc in remission.

I had a c&p exam for the residual of the prostate cancer in june also that stated painful orgasm, radiation proctitis, ED, slight anemia from pc, incontinence and pc in remission. No NSC for stress headaches.

As you know jstone, the 100% is a temp rating but the VA should certainly rate you on these current residuals from the Prostate cancer.

“No NSC for stress headaches “

So you claimed it previously but no rating at all????

I would claim it now if your symptoms meet a rating in the VA SRD. It will take a doctor however to link those headaches with your SCs.

Do they stem from the radiation treatments or the Mood disorder? You could claim the headaches as due to both .The Mood disorder might be ,however, the most logical cause but many seem to get headaches from radiation treatments.I dont know if they are chronic headaches or not.

If VA awards you could potentially get a better EED if you can file a CUE claim on the decision that seemed to ignore the claimed stress headaches.

DO you get SSDI solely for these SC conditons?

• HadIt.com Elder

Your mood disorder as it stands is worth more than 30%. You filed for PTSD but were denied. Did you have combat experience and did VA verify back when you were denied? I am trying to think how you would get EED. Your C&P says mood disorder most likely started in military due to stressor. That is a sure thing and at least you can get higher rating for that now. You may be able to get 100% just for mood disorder.

No I don't get SSD instead I get SSR. I was told when I tried to apply that I had to have worked 3 of the past year's. There's quite more to my story so here we go.

I was drafted my first term in the Army in 1969 to 1972. Served in Vietnam from 1969-70. Caught hepatitis with 30 days to go. Stayed in hospital for a little over two months in Vietnam and 3 different hospital in Tokyo. While in Vietnam I suffered firm tension headaaches and documented in med records. I got out of the military and was out 8 months and decided to realist. I served in3 yrs this term and enlisted for 6 yrs. During this period, I was diagnosed as a remote depression and prescribed elevils and subsequently stationed in Germany. Eventually I went AWOL that lasted more than a 180 days. I had been in the military for more than 7 yrs and wad given for this last pos discharge UOTHC and reduced from E5 to E1 and no counseling for the depression. Further, I had JSCM, ACM, GCM 2d award, NDSM, VSM, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm Unit Citation, RVCM and Marksman Qualification Badge Rifle-M14.

After a few years the Army discharge review board upgraded that discharge to general under honorable conditions and restored rank to generale5. So I have a prior service honorable an honorable and general under honorable conditions for a total of three. When I applied for the depression the first time I was denied "issue diagnosed during a period for VA purposes to be dishonorable more than a202 days AOL". Prior to this mentioned AWOL I had a perfect record and other awards. I don't know what was happening to me except I was tiredI all the time and had bad headaches. Eventually until I was diagnosed with pc, I was sc for hep, and alpecia areota at 0%. As stated PTSD, depression, tension headaches had all been consistently denied even with prior PTSD diagnosis from a VA doctor in 1992, the depression diagnosed by military doctor in1975 and so forth. Also, VA stated it considered your record as a whole to characterize your periods and I can't believe that considering mine was spotless except for one incident that I know believe related back ti my time in Vietnam and the hospital. As before your comments are more than welcomed.