VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot - New Discount Policy Requires Dod Id

New Home Depot military discount policy requires sign up at customer service desk with Military ID, address and a phone number.

Cashier then looks up your info with phone number at checkout but may still check military ID.

(Hope I remember I used old landline phone number cuz I abhor calls on my celly :wink: )

I asked her if a VA medical ID (which I used for years) would suffice and she said no.

As is often the case, I can find no official info on Home Depot's website spelling out their military discount program.

Kudos to Home Depot and others who offer military and veterans discounts! :smile:

I wonder if registering would mean you can also get the discount online.

Some stores will actually give the military discount for online purchases if you pick them up in store. They adjust it when you pick it up. That is a your mileage may vary type of thing though.

• 3 months later...

NK so far here in Oklahoma they still honor the military discount with my VA ID. I haven't used it at Home Depot in a while but I just used it today at Lowe's and they still honor it. It has been several months since I last used it at Home Depot though. Hmm I wonder if they are going to follow suit?

Here in the local stores you only get discounts on certain items not everything like you used to. Lowes is a couple of hours away so unless I need a lot guess I am stuck.