VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot - New Discount Policy Requires Dod Id

I am a little gun shy about using my credit card in Home Depot since they were hacked and customer's credit card info was stolen. Of course, we are not safe using our credit cards anywhere nowadays.

I always use my DOD ID at Home Depot and Lowes. I do like the idea of registering at the customer service desk if this will assist in receiving our 10% discount during online purchases.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Bought a toilet seat the other day at Home Depot. It was only $6 and they honored the 10% military discount, but I used a DOD ID (did not have to sign up or anything)

• 2 weeks later...

Been going to both Lowes and Home Depot and they honor DOD ID cards only, 10% all year long unless it is like a special veterans day only promotion. You can't double dip on the the discount so if something is say manufacturers discount of 10%, they wont let you get 10% on top of that. Home Depot for appliances , has the buy more save more, which is a nice huge savings and you can use your discount on top of that. I compared Lowes vs Home depot on same appliances and virtually the same with discount. On the serface Home Depot is more but Home depot free delivery always, and Lowes isnt...