VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot - New Discount Policy Requires Dod Id

My home depot still accepts VA ID card. They will not honor the discount on appliances under the special buy title. I liked it when we had Lowes and HD across the street from each other. They would take additional 10% off of the other's lowest price. I went back and forth when I purchased 4 appliances all at once with Lowes winning my business in that situation. Sounds like it depends on management and I imagine if you requested a manger the VA ID card would be more than enough. They even have signs for Vet parking which is really a cool gesture of appreciation.

I used my was at HD last weekend so i guess it could of taken effect Oct 1 if it really has changed.

Edited by vet201060

• 8 months later...

I simply provide my VA Hospital ID and they accept that. Most of them don't even ask for it but occasionally they will. I've noticed that if you go to self checkout and just yell out, "I'm military", and turn around beginning to scan items, they don't even question it. It's all in how you talk to 'em ;)

• 1 month later...

heh most states are going to that Veteran emblem on the drivers licenses. But yeah the med card works. I usually hand both and politely ask if the offer discounts.