VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Difference Between A Grave Procedural Error And Procedural Error?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been researching my claim, just in the event that I should win and have read and read about CLUE and GRAVE PROCEDURAL ERROR AND PROCEDURAL ERROR.

Could someone please explain to me what the difference is in the three?

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
From what I've been learning GRAVE PROCEDURAL ERROR is not used now.

JMHO

Carlie,

Thanks, If they do not use this term any more and Clue as I understand it to be, is when the Va had access to all your military records, but did not use them.

What do you call it when the Va. just didn't bother to ask for your psychiatric records and then you get them for them yourself some 42 years later, after the Va. has denied your claim for years, because your reason for filing was within the records that they didn't bother to get.

Does this make any sense?

Josephine

Also try the BVA web site for 2006- put "procedural defect "into the browser- they use that more than procedural error-but it is basically same thing-about 250 cases for 2006 so far with "procedural defect" in them such as failure to send the proper VCAA Notice and erection forms is a Procedural defect that must be corrected prior to proper decision.

• HadIt.com Elder
Also try the BVA web site for 2006- put "procedural defect "into the browser- they use that more than procedural error-but it is basically same thing-about 250 cases for 2006 so far with "procedural defect" in them such as failure to send the proper VCAA Notice and erection forms is a Procedural defect that must be corrected prior to proper decision.

Thanks a bunch!! Berta!!

Josephine