VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Exactly Do Service Officer Do For Vets?

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

I am trying to find out what exactly the system is, that the service officers do/ Ok for instance. My claim is at the waco va, on re open.

The service officer is in the same building with the va. Somewhere in the va, lies my claim. I know my service officer has access to my c-file, because he has my power of retardee. So now what. I was told there are 15 service officers in waco for my service org. I would imagine they are assigned cases, based on whatever, such as complicated, or simple based on thier experience.

Im just trying to picture what is actually going on,. Im envisioning a service rep sitting at a desk in his office., And im envisioning the va personell on thier side of the building, , doing whatever it is they do. So what happens, does the Service officer basically wait around until the time comes that my case Is actively being worked by the ro, then get engaged and work with them to try and improve my position, or are they working on my case on thier own and doing research and confering amongst themselves, as to how best move forward.

ANYBODY KNOW?

Some letters I get from the service org say that my claim is with the " appeals team". So that sounds like people who would know what to do at that level.

When asking my service org how things work, they are very limited in what they will say. its very need to know type dialogue. real generic answers.

Im not trying to be critical but I just dont ;like following anyone but Jesus in blind faith., I dont think knowing how the process works is too much to ask.

Heres and interesting question..

Do veteran service officers have any access to va information or systems or files, that a veteran alone does NOT?

Mine doesn't...They've been TERMINATED, hee-hee! (That's me getting the last laugh there). Great question...I don't know.

where are all the service officers? surely they are reading this site? will not one paid service officer, from any organization not come explain what they do, or answer questions, or defend thier organizations? Megp is voulenteer and already explained what he does. as far as preparing claims.

I want know what goes on in the halls of injustice at the ROs where the service officers and ROs personnel are

"inextricably intertwined" . WILL NOT one man come forward and shed some light on this secretive assembly?

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

You get what you pay for Sierra. When I compare what my lawyer has done with what VSO's have done for me I have to bust out laughing, or bust out crying for all the years lost due to my ignorance. I had one good service officer who helped me at my Discharge Review Board. He worked for the Red Cross, and was about 70 years old. He had them crying by the end of my hearing. I used DAV, VFW and AL and none were really worth a damn.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I would gladly join all VSO's if they got together and had a PAC like the NRA and could buy us some politicians that would always vote pro-vet. Most of these elected bastards just count votes and money donations. If you can deliver money or votes you are s**t on their heels. This is the real facts of political life in America. Nothing to do with principles or any of that crap just money and votes. An honest politician is one who when bought, stays bought. If you wonder why we have so much trouble with our claims it is not rouge VA. It suits politicians from both sides to ignore or shaft us.