VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seeing Psychiatrist Monday For Diagnosis, Any Advice

Rate this question

PayBack

Question

Good Evening,

I'm headed to the doctors office Monday morning seeking an "Independent Medical Opinion". My original diagnosis' came from my family practioner. I know the VA will balk at that so I'm looking to back that up with that of a Board Certified Psychiatrist. Is there a special format that he must follow? I'm being seen for PTSD, depression and anxiety. I've tried to locate protocal, can anyone point me to it....

Thanks!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta,

You are truly a blessing. Your generosity will not go unappreciated. I believe I can track down some people if I need to. I'm hoping that the governments own documents will be enough. I have 2 volumes of trial transcripts that detail and verify the entire 2 & 1/2 year ordeal in addition to witness statements etc... I just don't like rehashing everything. I realize it's necessary to get the help I need but even brief disclosure here on line has resulted nightmares and sleepless nights. I'll get by.

Thank You!

• In Memoriam

I got lucky. One of my buddies became a lawyer and legal consultant when he got out. He made affidavits. Wet ink and all that with dates, times, places, injuries, his service number, our unit, his relationship to me, and then signed it with an I swear this is true kind of statement. He was right there at the time.

I found another buddy who did the same thing. Also this second buddy talked to me about SN Crain, a guy that I was with that died in VN, John saw him from the flight deck. Turns out Randy, our squadron yeoman, was on the flight deck with John and saw SN Crain in the water.

They knew he was the seaman, because SN Crain was wearing dungarees. Have time and date that the Navy deliberatly changed for some reason. I don't think they wanted to relate his death with combat. I had forgotten that John talked with me about it after this happened. John, has 8 heart stints and is Blue-Water VN Vet. This was during combat ops on combat deployment.

Three other Vet buddies told of the same incidence in statements.

When I saw my psych last week he ask if there was anything new. I said yep the NPRC sent me my MUC (Meritorious Unit Commendation). He ask why now after 35+ years? I told him that I never pursued it before. I told him my squadron yeoman told me that we have two Campaigns also. Found out from the MUC that I was injured in the line of duty, as per SMR during Combat Ops.

This really pissed him off and he started hammering on his keyboard like a wood-pecker.

If you find one buddy, he may know where another buddy is and another .