VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Still Hasn't Made Switch, So No Pay Yet, No Dfas Audit

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

Have had BBE since 1st week of Aug. 2013 granting 80%. I sent proper form to switch my retirement from Navy to VA....Have waited 2 months and decided to see why I had not heard anything. Since I know my Branch of service must hold the audit and send it back to the VA, I contacted them first on followup. They told me that they cannot do anything until I am drawing VA compensation. Soooo that means VA has not even taken care of that. Doesn't do much good to tell someone they are granted the compensation if you won't take the action to allow me to start drawing it..Guess I'll try Peggy tomorrow, Don't know if I will get anywhere. I know they got the form because it was in an envelope with other evidence for another claim that showed up on ebenefits as being received. Has anyone else run into this? When you are receiving retirement pay from your branch of service, then trying to get it switched to the VA??

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"When you are receiving retirement pay from your branch of service, then trying to get it switched to the VA??"

I think you mean CRDP or CRSC......???????

We have some CRDPERs and CRSCers here and I hope they chime in......I think they all got stuck waiting for the DFAS audit.

The DFAS Home page says this:

“The Continuing Resolution signed by the President on October 17 allows all Reserve and Guard members to receive pay entitlements to include bonuses. DFAS Military Pay Operations is processing the submitted transactions now. Any questions should be addressed to your servicing Finance Office. “

I guess that applies to the CRDP/CRSC audits as well.

They have some contact numbers to but you probably have them:

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/about/aboutus/customer-service.html

My error for saying DFAS, I sent stuff to the NAVY which they have confirmed receiving. However, I am still drawing my Navy retirement because the VA has not processed my switch to drawing VA compensation in lieu of my Navy retirement. The Navy said they could not even start the audit until I switched to drawing VA compensation. Then they hold the audit and forward it to the VA. I sent the proper form to va to make the switch to drawing the compensation from them which would stop the Navy retirement. Then the audit will be held by the Navy and determine how much my CRSC will be and start that. Then send the audit to the VA so they can figure how much retro to pay me. The Audit is for computing the retro. Everything I have drawn in retirement will offset 90% of my retro up until 2008, then it becomes a little tricky as they have to compute what CRSC would have been, then subtract the difference between what I drew as navy retirement vs CRSC, then that would be the amount subtracted from the retro due for each month.

But, nothing can start until VA switches me over to their compensation...At least that is what I get from the answer I got back from the Navy....and naturally I can't get through to Peggy....I may just take the 200 mile drive to houston and see if I can get them moving in person...The Navy is also trying to get them to move, so I will see if they have better phone numbers than I do to get this rolling.