Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

The 2013 Vbm Is Out!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

YUM YUM 2204 pages Mine just came.

If you already have an account with Lexis Nexus you will probably get it in the mail if you on on automatic delivery.

Many wonder why they get a new VBM that has so much of the older stuff in it as well as new stuff.

For 7 years I worked for a law firm and we got updated supplements all the time.

It was miserable to deal with laws and then have to go to the most recent citations and supplements in order to have the most current info.

VBM contains updates ,within each chapter that prevents the need for publishing supplements.

They did publish a supplement once in 1991 or 1992 and I found it was very difficult to keep cross referencing to the actual VBM they sent out that same year.

The VBM has helped me succeed in all of my claims.

It is imperative in my opinion for vet reps to use the VBM but they usually dont..

And I feel it is imperative that us hardcore advocates have it.

150 plus S&H, and tax , and 120 plus S&H and tax for Advocates.

It might be at amazon too by now.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I have had a relationship with NVLSP since 1991, when I purchased their very first VBM and felt comfortable calling Ron Abrams about a few things in it and I took their Basic Training Course many years ago.

NVLSP knows I have done advocacy for veterans for a very long time. Also I have sent donations to them.over the years.

Also their head Nehmer attorney and I have discussed the 2010 Nehmer Training Guide at length and he was very helpful in explaining nuances of Nehmer to me for anyone here at hadit who needed info (from the horses mouth so to speak, as NVLSP won the Nehmer case)

and I even posted here excerpts from some of his emails regarding the 2010 Nehmer AO presumptives.

They were very glad I kept posted their Agent Orange email addy here too as many contacted them via that addy at hadit.

If you have done a lot of advocacy work for veterans, you could call NVLSP and ask them if you could receive an advocates discount.

I have donated to them much more than the discount amount I got over the years. The last donation I made got me a surprise conference call with 3 or 4 lawyers at NVLSP I know, because it helped them get a new PC program developed.

Since this is a non profit Pro Bono law firm, dedicated solely to helping veterans, they were very happy to get that program going.I think it had something to do with the VBM CD

Every AO Nehmer veteran or survivor who has succeeded in their AO claim with a favorable retro EED has NVLSP to thank for that.

And the annual VBM is a fabulous investment to make (buying their new CD as well).

I have won every claim I have had ( and have been a claimant over over 20 years)

(except one was denied because it was awarded on a different basis)

and I cant wait to succeed in my pending issues, so I can again write a good sized check to NVLSP.

The history of NVLSP and what they have done for veterans (in addition to the monumental Nehmer decision) is within the VBM.

If all vet reps purchased the VBM or their orgs did that for them, we would have by far more reps educated in 38 CFR, and certainly more vets they represent would be able to succeed in their claims.

Their information on CUE alone is worth the price of the VBM and helped me win my SMC CUE claim .......for which my former vet reps said I didn't have a chance on that.

Many of us do volunteer work for vets orgs, also many of us have commented on Fed Register VA regulation changes and are on many of the vet sites, easily googable, so internet claims help we give is memorialized and can prove an advocate is,in fact an active veteran's advocate.

I will find NVLSP's phone number for you, in DC and I suggest you call them and ask for the discount as an advocate......Lexis Nexis doesn't give the discount. It is approved by NVLSP.

Ms. Berta,

I hope you had a very happy Holliday week with another to come! Given your experience (as always), I have a question: would you suggest using the NVLSP as your power of attourney over a state organization? The reason I ask is because I have claims at various levels (initial claims for dependency, post-BVA/post-AMC actions) but cannot get traction for any of these to move forward. Or, is the NVLSP an organization from which you should request help when you go to the CAVC (if any claim needs to go to this level)?

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Justrluk, NVLSP handles AO claims under Nehmer but aside from that they also get involved in certain CAVC cases.

I dont know how they do get involved with them....

Beverly Nehmer was the widow of a veteran who was incountry Vietnam and in that case, they repped her on long ago.....and since AO is the weapon of mass destruction that keeps on 'giving' , they sure had their hands full getting Nehmer 2010 squared away.

I think they might seek cases at the court that might become precedent setting cases that would, like Nehmer, affect MANY instead of the specific CAVC claimant.

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/individual-representation/

And they have been involved in other class actions , in addition to Nehmer:

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/class-actions/ and the consortium program:

http://www.vetsprobono.org/

Also they have an extensive LawyersServing Wqarriors program as well for VA claims help:

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/lawyers-serving-warriors/

They did rep us Nehmerinos after the 2010 regs, as long as VA had sent them our names and addresses on a potential Nehmer list (many of us did not get on those RO lists....another case whereby VA itself hindered vets and widows of AO vets from even filing a claim under the new presumptives)

and they certainly represented anyone here who contacted their email addy with a Nehmer claim.

"I have a question: would you suggest using the NVLSP as your power of attourney over a state organization?"

I would use a ham sandwich to hold my POA over a state vet org.

But that is a good question..... I dont think they hold POA except for certain specific situations mentioned above but they are user friendly and here is their phone number if anyone needs. 1- 202-265-8305.

Iraqvet ,I dont have that CD, but they just sent me the new concise one .$218.26... with advocates discount.

I think these forms are easily accessible here at hadit or at the VA web site.,and would be invaluable on a CD for a vet rep to have.

Also for anyone who expects the VBM but has not received it yet, Lexis Nexis sent out letters this past summer to anyone with an account with them ,which made very little sense so I called them up... the letters were to confirm if you still wanted automatic receipt of the VBM.

Lexis Nexis can be reached at 11-202-340-9721

And Ron Abrams gave me the advocate discount in around 1995..??? I think it was.