VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Tell If A Depression Will Be A Secondary Condition?

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

I have a claim in for depression. I currently recieve 50% for migranes and 40% for TBI. My question is how would I find out if my depression will be rated by itself or added to my TBI or Migranes as a secondary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For clarification

More than one MH condition CAN BA CLAIMED.

Which ever ones are SC'd, will all be rolled together as one

and should be compensated at the highest evaluation,

per medical evidence of record.

I guess I will just wait and see what happens. I was talking with my VSO. He seemed to think the fact Ive been on Prep for Decision for three weeks, which he thinks is sort of a long time, indicates an increase since it takes a longer time to go through the process, rather than just denying the Veteran. I have my fingers crossed. 100% from 80% is a big difference.

Phil,

I am 80%SC as well, Migraines and PTSD. The problem with the VA is they love to group 20 conditions and screw us on compensation, even though each condition is medically treated separately. My PTSD rating includes: PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD and Insomnia. Good luck bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I got my TDIU I was service connected for schizophrenia, depression, PTSD, social phobia and panic. However, my paperwork just shows 70% for Schizophrenia et al. The VA just throws it at the wall and rates 10% of it. I was SC'ed for mental health condition 40 years ago. The VA just had no idea what was wrong with me. PTSD DX did not exist at the time. Military records said depression, anxiety and personality disorder. VA ignored that and came up with schizophrenia and then rated a psychotic disorder at 10%. How can a person who is psychotic just get a 10% rating? Because I never got appeal rights with my decision I let it go for years.

I know how you fell John999. My PTSD was rated Severe in all groups, with a current GAF of 45, yet the VA gave me only 30%. Can you believe it! I think that the VA low balled me because the Navy was going to Medically retire me. I have an FDC in for Increases on my PTSD and Crohn's Disease, as if one condition isn't bad enough. God bless you all.

I have a feeling that I will get low balled for my mental health and feet claim. My combined score without those is 83. I should get my 90%. I looked at the rating criteria for mental illness that was posted in here. It looked as though the 70% rating was a fit for me. If I get that, and another 10% for the planters facietis that would put me at a combined rating of 96 points. I'm not holding my breath. I'm learning quickly from this site. Good info guys. Saved 8k this week because I read a thread on here about VA funding fees on VA home loans I otherwise would have never known. . I get my refund in two weeks. You guys are awesome!