VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Five Years Of Fighting, I Won!

Rate this topic

qmcorps

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The brown envelope showed up today. 100% w/ dependent educational assistance. I'm assuming that this is total & permenent. Comments, please. It's a bit surreal, Thanks!
veteran,I am very happy for you,It has been a long time overdue frank

WHat was the EED - Earliest entitlement date-

and what did they base that date on?

If this is not reflecting the actual date you became 100% P & T you should file a NOD on this.

The DEA award is for Chapter 35 Educational benefits for the spouse and any eligible children.

With emrollment into any VA approved college or university- the VA will divide the paid tuition up and then reimburse the student.

Edited by Berta

Berta,

The entitlement date seemes to be based on several C&P exams which took place over the last several months. (Remember the comment about the WB VAMC Staff. They are excellent) The the over the top number was the 60% for cardiomyapathy secondary to hypertension.

On another note, I did all of this by myself. I was rather turned off by the indifference of the (no names please) service rep when I started this. The only advice I have for anyone is to become educated to the system, be patient, persevere (they want you to quit) and use every resource you can.

The big question is: can they take this away?

I would not worry about this:

"can they take this away?" only with medical proof of substantial improvement (like cure- yeah right) or a finding of fraud could they ever take this away-

However I see other vets on line at other vet sites are having their 100% P & Ts questioned-

The big PTSD review last year went into the crapper so they are picking on other 100% P & T vets I guess-

A vet does not get a disability nor does their disability increase at a C & P exam.

If your medical evidence shows that you should be rated prior to the C & P date- which it most likely does-

tell VA this in your NOD and fight that retro date.

Edited by Berta