VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Five Years Of Fighting, I Won!

Rate this topic

qmcorps

Thanks, everyone

I'm still sorting this out plus I'm working on three other vets va issues. Got to spread the wealth of knowledge. After 26 years in the Army, It's a warm fuzzy to take care of your troops. Reminds me of why I stayed in so long.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

congrats I agree on the reps issue I was told by one that he would not even file a claim for PTSD, since it wasn't combat related I had no business trying to get a "combat" mental issue approved, then when they did approve the PTSD it was at 50% the first time so I appealed the new SO told me to be happy with 50% and quit wasting the VARO's time, so my wife and I did this, I kept filing the NODS kept writing letters etc and finally they gave me to 100% P&T PTSD, then they quickly slammed the file on my other issues related to the chemical weapons and drug tests at Edgewood in 1974, but I am not finished with them yet, I want my heart problems SC before I quit. so the battle stays engaged i am going into what my 6th year, I still have never been to the BVA yet. Doing my best to stay out of there. But I may end up there yet.

You did good, you better check and make sure they awarded the P&T they sent me the chapter 35 book when I was awarded the 50%, I guess they had fun yanking my chain on that one. I do hope you got the whole deal though, good for ya and your family enjoy it

Berta, I believe you might be mixing up the chapter 35 educational benefits a bit! The spouse and children will be reimbursed a specific amount per month (approx 827.00 full time student). VA doesn't pay tuition, books etc. Payment can go on for 45 months of schooling.

One other thing or what comes around, goes around. In one of my earlier posts, I explained how the new dental clinic director (again no names please) denied my work in progress (Jan 06), stating that "I was entitled to nothing and I should just move on." I can't wait until Monday morning for that phone call to the dental clinic.