VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Advice

Rate this question

Metoo

Question

After a long three year battle with the VA, I have finally received my rating. My rating is as follows:

PTSD: 100%

Migrane Headches: 50%

TBI: 10%

ED: 10%

0% for two items and denial on about eight others.

I was rated 100% over all, however the rating was based upon the information they had on file. They gave me a rating (beacuse it had been so long and I engaged my congressman) and said I could either agree with their assesment or I had a year to submit new and relative evidence for consideration (I plan on doing this). They also said in the award letter that they reserved the right to reasses my PTSD rating. Fast forward two months, and my ebenifits says that the VA is going to re-evaluate my PTSD in Aug of 2018.

Even though I am rated at 100% it is currently conditional and not permanent. I haven't been able to work in over a year beacuse of my problems and when I did, it was trough to hold it together. I can no longer cope in a business/office environment.

Here are my TDIU questions:

-If I file for TDIU will it make my disabilitie(s) permanent in the eyes of the VA?

-If I apply foir TDIU can you ever get off it? (Hypothetical question)

-If you are on TDIU does the VA do periodic evaluations?

-How long can you be on TDIU?

Thank you

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

PTSD: 100%

Migrane Headches: 50%

TBI: 10%

ED: 10%

0% for two items and denial on about eight others.

Do the math

You meet 100 plus 60. You should be awarded SMC S and SMC K.

To Hell with IU. 100 percent PTSD precludes working anyhow. Worry about the P and T.

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

You could be wounded in-service or have secondary like from DmII. The VA can reconsider TDIU if you find full time work that pays above poverty. If you keep TDIU for 20 years it becomes permanent. It is a pretty solid rating but so is 100% as long as you don't get better in a clear and obvious way.

To the best of my knowledge: ED begets an smc "k" award, generally not 10%, even if from diabetes. Actually the "k" award is a "bone" thrown to us by the VA for the loss of ability to procreate. jmo

pr

If the VA deems a TDIU veteran as permanent and total. then their spouse and dependents are eligible for CHAMPVA and Chapter 235 educational benefits.