VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Saga Continues

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Ok aside from everything else im battling for, I came to a realization. back in 04 when I fell deathy ill with my service related hepc which at the time was rated at zero percent I was put into a 48 week treatment of chemotherapy that means some very powerful meds that can kill you, and have killed folks., They bring u to the edge of death, to kill the virus. I was very sick most of that year of treatment . incapacitating episodes where I could barely get off the sofa for days, vomiting, 20 lbs weight loss, weakness , tired, abdominal pain, sweating chills,near constant burning diareeha , nausea , depression, rage, ect. I refiled for an increase near the end of my treatment and the va granted comp at 40 percent/. I recently read the regulations, and at least while I was on the chemo, I should have been rated 60 to 100 percent .. ALSO, even if they lowballed me at 60, that would have made me eligible for temporary TDIU. So what I want to know is specifically what I have to do, to try and get my temporary rating of 60 to 100 percent for the year I was being treated.

do I reopen, file a new claim, file a cue claim, file a special claim, ect.

also while I was on the chemo, a side effect is depression, so I was on depression meds for abt a year, and still depressed.

I struggled to pay my bills, and could only do a few service calls a week, and I had to hire my buddy to drive me around because I didnt trust myself, and was scared to faint at the wheel/ I was one sick puppy, and had to work during the hellish treatment of chemo. thse dirty bastards could have told me I was eligible for that compensation. they knew how sick I was my liver enzyme count was over 6.3 million and the liver biopsy said stage 3.5 to 4 out of possible worse 5. liver disease.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• Answers 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

service connection for right nephrectomy due to renal cancer as secondary to the service connected disability of heptits c

So it looks like they only considered the surgery, but didn't consider the cancer.

I would think this would be a CUE. The cancer claim should be considered "deemed granted" (if the VA even uses deemed granted -- usually you just hear of deemed denied..) But they have said that the cancer is secondary to hep c.

So they granted the cancer -- they just didn't rate you on it.

also und cfr 7914 the adrenal gland is also under the endocrine system and rated at 100 percent while it is cancerous. FREE CAN U POST THE 7914 im having technical difficulties over here thanks in advance.

Edited by 63SIERRA

they tried to tell me that the adrenal glands werent very important but the research ive done say they are extremely important and can affect blood pressure, cause obesity, sugar level depression and on and on. the right side gland is shaped like a triangle for some reason, thats the one they removed. the left side like an oyster.

Edited by 63SIERRA

I just went looked page for page thru my entire c file and there is nothing in the file that even mentions, my kidney surgery, removal of adrenal gland. cancer, nothing. I got the c file a few months after my 30 percent rating for the kidney removal.

My medical records have extensive information abt my kidney surgery and cancer/. So why would the c-file NOT contain this info