VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent C&p Exam

Rate this question

texasvet

Question

I'm new to this forum so I hope that I'm posting in the right area.

My C&P exam was recently completed and my PTSD was confirmed by the doc. The report says that the veteran's PTSD was "more likely than not" caused by the trauma I experienced.

I don't need to go into all of the details, but I've met all of the criteria of DSM-IV criteria A-F and basically everything under the criteria as far as "symptoms" goes was indicated. Also, diagnosis indicated 70% PTSD and 30% MDD and I've provided, what I consider, adequate documentation to support the diagnosis.

So, where does that leave me? Does the examiner at the VARO place all of his emphasis on the doc's C&P exam or does he look at all of the testing and doc's notes and render his/her opinion to determine whether compensation is due and at what level?

texasvet .

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They generally take everything under consideration and then decide if it's service connected and how bad it is. They generally lowball on the rate they allow ya. PTSD is rated under code 9411. Look up 38 CFR 4.130 to see the ratings for PTSD. PTSD is rated at 100%, 70%, 50%, 30%, 10% or 0%, depending on how bad the PTSD affects/effects your daily life, and not how bad the stressor was that caused the PTSD. You can look at the descriptions of each rating and figure out where you should be. If they don't rate you properly you can appeal their decision. They started me at 30%, in 1989, and in just over 10yrs, later, 1999, I was awarded 100% back to day one of my claim.

pr

Thanks for the reply. Now I understand why the C&P examiner didn't seem to want to hear about the actual attacks. He seemed to put more emphasis on how I'm doing now.

texasvet

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the reply. Now I understand why the C&P examiner didn't seem to want to hear about the actual attacks. He seemed to put more emphasis on how I'm doing now.

texasvet

That's what he's supposed to do. Once a claimant is awarded SC for PTSD the stressor is no longer an issue. The only concern is how it affects them now and tomorrow.

pr

TexasVet,

The VA will rate the MDD under PTSD. I was rated Severe PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, and Insomnia and the VA grouped everything under PTSD, even though the Navy had all these as separate conditions. I was rated Severe by C&P yet they only gave me 30%, but I have a claim in now to have my %s increased. God bless all of you on this sad Veteran's Day.