Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
penny337

Confused, Need Advice

Question

The excellent news: physical health case closed. 100% P&T No Future Exams Scheduled.

Mental Health: My plan is to continue tx, continue all meds prescribed, grit my teeth, white knuckle it through most of the day and just keep breathing.

My Psychiatrist has been wanting me to file for mental health claim and so has my therapist.

I just got off the phone with my VSO who told me not to because I can't get anything else, I'v reached "the gold key" and I would just be taking up space and time for other claims going through the system.
( i told her if i got at least 60% it would pay more, thats when she told me they would take away my 100%)

For almost a month this year, I had a complete break down. I want to be better. I want acknowledgement/validation that these things happened.

From My Psychiatrists notes:
Coreg not effective at current dose. No side effects reported. Denies suicidal
ideation. Has not filed her MST/PTSD claim yet for which she suffers severe
debilitating symptoms. Denies suicidal ideation. Denies psychosis. Sleep "is
for
pussies." No reduction in anxiety with Coreg. No change in sleep with Coreg.

Still isolating and not getting out of house.

Significant issues, symptoms, complaints:

Current medications (as listed in VistA)
SERTRALINE HCL 50MG TAB
TAKE THREE TABLETS BY MOUTH EVERY DAY
QUETIAPINE FUMARATE 200MG TAB
TAKE ONE-HALF TABLET BY MOUTH AT AT BEDTIME
CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TAB
TAKE ONE TABLET BY MOUTH TWICE A DAY
LEVOTHYROXINE NA (SYNTHROID) 0.2MG TAB
TAKE ONE TABLET BY MOUTH EVERY DAY FOR THYROID REPLACEMENT
BUPROPION HCL 150MG 12HR SA TAB
TAKE ONE TABLET BY MOUTH EVERY MORNING
LORAZEPAM 1MG TAB
TAKE ONE TABLET BY MOUTH TWICE A DAY
CYCLOBENZAPRINE HCL 10MG TAB
TAKE ONE TABLET BY MOUTH EVERY 12 HOURS FOR MUSCLE SPASMS
Relevant mental status exam or other objective findings:
A&OX3 Casual dress. Good eye contact. Speech is RRR. No agitation. Mood
"same ol
same ol" Affect is depresesd. Logical. Denies suicidal ideation. Denies
psychosis.

Assessment:
1. PTSD-MST
MDD
GAD
Panic with agorophobia

Plan:
1. Increase Coreg to 6.25mg BID. Reminded patient to monitor blood pressure.
2. Schedule follow up.
3. Labs
4. Schedule follow up

Seems like everyone has an agenda. I just want to live and get normal. There are 2 things keeping me from slicing my throat, i can't leave my old (16) dog alone and I can barely leave the house to drive myself to the hospital across town. Hell, most days I can't make it to the mailbox.

No, I don't want to die, but somedays it does seem like it could be an answer.

Who Do I Listen Too?? What do I do?
please help..i feel like i'm losing it again.

did they prosecute the person or persons who assaulted you ? that would certainly bring validation.

Ad

I would file the claim. The VA could re-examine your other awards and possibly reduce but it's highly unlikely. If they did you would need to fight it. Your VSO is the perfect example of why "I" have no use for VSO's. He/she lied to you. You can get more and I'm sure the extra $300+ a month would make your Doxie very happy!! jmo

pr

Ok, I really need to not post any Q's while in a panic and feeling overly anxious. Sorry for the TMI. I usually just lurk. (kinda like drunk dialing...eeeeek!)

I am truly happy with my psychiatrist and therapist, even my medical Dr at the VA. Best care I have had in years. The VHA has come a long way in treating women. 20 yrs ago it was NOT a good thing so I stuck with the private sector. I am so glad the VHA is here for me. I would rec' the VHA to anyone.
VBA....not so much..

I have a lot of evidence in my c-file. Including a NCIS Investigation with interviews. case was closed as basically she said/he said regardless of what the witnesses reported.Gotta love the Good Ol' Boy Network....NOT.

As far as my 100%, I know VBA is all powerful but I don't see how they can legitimately take it away. I meet all requirements in the CFR, I have been rated for it for 20+yrs, the last 11yrs at 100%.
No, there is no way my med condition will ever get better.
I am now going to a Womens Group at the VA. I never realized how important it was to hear "You are not alone".

I will probably file, of course the SMC would be great but I also want to do it so the verifiable stats of MST can lead to more talk, legislation, programs, for the women and men in the future.
My claim won't do all that but every honest claim filed will help future survivors in the future. And they will know that they are not alone.

What is the breakdown of your current 100 percent evaluation ?