VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doc Said I Don't Have Sleep Apnea, But Alpha-Delta Sleep

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

Hello, all! I recently had a sleep study done because my wife said it seems that I stop breathing while sleeping. Well, the sleep study revealed that I do not have sleep apneam but that I have alpha-delta sleep. The doctor said it is due to chronic pain. I hae degerenative arthritis in my lower back and my right ankle. My back aches all the time. I am on medication. I am 70% disabled. Can I make a claim to increase my current rating for this new "alpha-delta sleep"? Has anyone even herad of it? I have googled it and have seen sites talking about it.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Look under "analgous ratings". I think it means that, even tho your do not have a diagnosis of OSA, its still possible that you are rated "as if" you did based on the the Alpha delta sleep diagnosis, and analgous ratings.

The VA does not pretend to have a rating schedule for every disease, so they have analgous ratings.

Edited by broncovet

Has the Alpha-Delta Sleep disorder ever been a S/C to secondary for any Veteran? I am very curious about this b/c my BF had sleeping issues while in the military got out and last year had a sleep study done at the VA and they said he had SA but the claim was denied due to their findings that it was not S/C. He has an NOD in and I am thinking that he needs a C&P as well.

Has anyone had a successful NOD for SA and if so what were the findings to grant one for SA?

Has anyone used the Alpha-Delta Sleep disorder as a secondary S/C contention and been granted this?