VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rbc8710 - Newbie - Auto Adaptive Question

Rate this question

RBC8710

Question

Hello, I am applying for the Adaptive Equipment for a van I just purchased using the Automobile Grant. I was told by the VA Prosthetic department that I would need to pay for one way shipping of my van to have the conversion done because it is done in another state? I live in Texas, has any one else had to pay for shipping? Also was told by the company doing the conversion that I would have to pay $1500 for a drop in the vehicle? I just sounded strange to me. I have not read or seen anywhere stating that I would have to pay anything. Please advise. Thank You!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Do you have the letter showing you were approved for the grant? You will not have to pay for shipping or for modifications to the van.type in "handcap van" into your search and you will find tons of vans and companies to accept your grant.I used my grant to buy a 2012 Honda oddysee which cost 73000.00 with no out of pocket expense.check with United Access in Dallas