VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Psychiatrist

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I need help here. I was seeing my psychiatrist. Dr. and he told me he just got back from Viet Nam. He said he went to see his family. Now I knew he wasn't and white or black as he had oriental features. But this just floored me. He also said he was from Cu Ci, and that he and his sister went to visit the tunnel under the base camp of Cu Ci. Hell that was where I was station with 25 INF and the 38th ISDP and I have so many bad memories of that place, and other events is why I have PTSD. I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO DO this has freaked me out, can anyone give direction on what I can do.

thanks

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I completely understand the feelings about Orientals. Not all of them make me uncomfortable, but, some do and I can't explain why. I have a great deal of respect for all people as we are all equal in God's eyes. This must be a residual effect of the things we saw and participated in during the police action in Viet Nam.

If your gut feeling tells you something, you should listen. It makes no difference whether it is right or wrong. It is a matter of your ability to open up with one person or the other. Your gut will move you in the right direction every time.

Police Action!

Yeah, that's what they called it at home when I was there. Used to really piss us off too. Over 58,000 wonderful patriotic friends died for thier right to spit on us.

Edited by usdart

• HadIt.com Elder

I just had a visit with a real live American Doctor. I guess my standards of cleanliness was not up to his standards. Ok, it had been a few days since I bathed and changed clothes so he was like "what is up with the hygene?" Heck if I know. I guess he's never been in a funk.