VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc Appeal To Waco To Dead End?

Rate this question

Bevo

Question

The BVA remanded my dependent effective date and approved 2 new service connections as I have previously posted On October 30th. Today I got the attached letter. It makes it look like Waco is shoving it to the back of the line? This was filed is a 5 1/2 year old appeal!!! What can I do here?

I have hung in there since filing in 2008. I finally have won service connections on my contentions. And then this? I just wish there was someone who had an appeal approved and sent back to the Waco RO that could tell me if this is a form letter or if it really means I will be waiting a few more years.

call waco and ask to talk to the supervisor . tell them you are the IG and its abt bonuses.

when they get them on the phone, tell then. no Im the GI and want benefits.. haha

It is a form letter that they send to everyone.

The BVA does not rate claims they approve and the remand is for the VARO to determine the proper SC rating.

It does take time and maybe even a new C & P if you have been in appeals a long time.

However, if it seems to take longer than you think it should (that is hard to determine these days, as to what is taken too long ,because everything is)

then I suggest you copy the Fast Letter in this link, attach it to a 21-4138, and state on the 4138 that you want the expeditious treatment ,that you should expect from the WACO VARO ,per the enclosed VBA Fast letter 10-02 dated January 6, 2010, that was sent to all VA Regional Offices.

I guess I'm disappointed. Previous times where the BVA approved, the AMC rated me within 14 days. The va had told me it had been rated and expect completion this week. Also the remand said they had to supply an SOC on my dependent but no soc as of yet. Waco is so so terrible I was hoping not to be shoved in that black hole. My last c&p was August 5, so hopefully they use it.

Yes, that is a recent C & P so they will use it.

You can compare the medical evidence they have with the VA SRD here to get a quesstimate of what you might expect as far as a rating goes.The C & P results will help you do that too.

This way, (actually it sounds to me like they are expeditiously handling your claim,after your response here this AM )

you will be well prepared if you have to challenge a rating that is lower than what you feel the med evidence warrants.

If you do get a nice piece of retro,it would pay to hold onto enough of that,if you need to obtain an IMO ,to help you get a higher rating,if your evidence warrants that.

Of course many vets succeed in getting higher ratings themselves.without IMOs.

But many vets also need IMOs to get what they should be awarded.

Edited by Berta