BakerGeckos
      $50.00
      Anonymous
      $10.00
      Offline Donation
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Scout Swimmer

Preparation For Desicion, Going On Week 4!

Question

I was told that this phase goes very quickly. This is going on week 4 and I'm getting anxious! Is the time frame normal for this phase? Is this a positive/ negative thing? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Its driving me bonkers.

Would think this is positive. the stage you are in is very short now. My claim went from pending decision to closed in 5 days once they picked it up and worked . Monitor your checking account as well as Benefits explorer on e-benefits where you may see quick change to closure with your $$$ showing. I found out my

change from Peggy on a phone call and she gave me results because no letters had come. Would call her weekly if you needed to . It is a time to have patience and I don't have a lot left . Good LUck ,

Ad

I have a reconsideration/CUE for my poor spouse and I call peggy once a week and email iris once a week. I don't want them to forget about us.......and they might. jv

• Like 1

Sorry but it'll come when it comes. It could be because the employee who's working on the claim is on vacation. Who knows!?!? Best to sit back and relax. Start preparing for an appeal and also daydream about what you'll do when the money comes, as ya don't know what's coming. jmo

pr

I've posted this before, but I have actually seen claims in the "prepare for decision phase" for 7 months. It depends on the VARO and the workload that they face.

I know what your mean Philgrenier. On the 8th I recieved a call from the guy who pulls the claim together and hands off to the Rater (that is the way he described his role). It was 4pm and he said he would stay late for a document I was faxing it to ensure the file got into the Rater's hands the following day (Saturday).

He had contacted me several times over the three weeks prior to that to tell me the C&Ps were scheduled, to ensure I'd attended, and to let me know he'd received the results and was waiting on something from my previous employer. I had shared that the employer's policy was not to provide any info so this call on the 8th was to allow me to move forward by authorizing them to proceed without the form from my previous employer.

I was very suprised that one, the he was so aggressively involved (in a positive way), two, raters were working on saturdays, and three, that according to this fellow the rating process itself could and would probably be completed within a few days. Based on what I'd read (mostly here) I'd expected another month or two, despite my case being flagged with hardship and congressional interest.

So here it is a week plus later with the status still "preparation for decision" and I'm a little anxious too (I know I have no right to be holding my breath only after a week - I'm only hopeful / anxious at this early date because of the information volunteered by the VA employee (not peggy, not my DAV rep - a guy from the regional office who scheduled my C&Ps and says he's the one who pulls all the pieces of the picture together for the rater)).

Fingers crossed for both of us, not only that it's fast, but positive too.

Edited by GlassRose1500