VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Date Vs. Effective Date

Rate this question

frade71

Question

Almost 19 months, I am happy to say that my claim is finally done. I do want to thank everyone for your help along the way. This forum really helps a lot. I put my claim in April 2012. I received notification Nov 15, 2013. My effective date is March 1, 2013. Here's my question. Why is my claim date not the same as my effective date? Does that mean my back pay will not go back to my claim date? Does my back pay only goes to my effective date? WHY? I don't understand. If my back pay only goes back to March 2013, is there a way to get my back pay to my claim date? It's just not fair, they just took a year out of my claim. It's like they think I submitted my claim this past year? WTH, that year existed of submitting paperwork, going through va hoops and they act like it didn't exist. Please adivse.

Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Can you possibly scan and attach the part of the decision here that describes why they gave you the effective date of March 1.2013?

Cover your name and address and C file number before you scan it