VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Walk In Tub

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get a grant for the tub. I forget what it is limited too right now but I got got mine to remodeled a sunken tub to a walk in shower. I was very happy with the job and the grant paid for everything.

• 1 year later...

Hello Pete how did the grant process go for you? I got the SAH grant award but I have had a rough time with local lic contractors dealing with the VA. I am looking at having to add a room on to my old house so the walk in shower can be built. My house has no more room to let me put in a bathroom. My bathroom in only 4x6 so it does not meet the minimum space requirements. I wish I could get a stand up tub but I have to look at a walk in shower with a seat.

• In Memoriam

I have wactched two older pople break fheir pelvis bones and both ended up with artheritis in the break heal joint.Its feels like hog sand and is simmilar to Gout. Thsey both ended up using every home reemedy possible. This is just takes. Walk-in tub sounds great. Leg us know how you did it, when you get it. i wNT the same thing and will report back.

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife has osteoporosis real bad and her bones are weak she had several broken bones from falls and somehow she had a crack pelvis neither of us new about she had a MIR reveal it.

Dr said it could have been from giving childbirth... could have happen years ago!

We Don't have a walk-in-tub but sure think I'd like one for her, from pics I've seen of them different styles some have bigger handles to make closing the door easier & a place to set in the water, arm rest coke holders ect,,ect,,

They had them on display at the state fair last year, but never made the fair just looked at pics...they look fairly safe to me.....but they sure are expensive....I'd love to have the tub we have now taken out in the master we never use it its a big deep tub Jacuzzi , it use to be ok when we were younger but getting in & out Its dangerous. I use the walk-in shower and the spouse uses the guest regular size bathtub.

I said we never use it !!! but when my little 4 year old grand daughter comes for a few days we let her get in it with bubbles and she has a blast! so we may just let her grow up some more before we change it out! she says '' that's my big bathtub now grandpa.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Pete how did the grant process go for you? I got the SAH grant award but I have had a rough time with local lic contractors dealing with the VA. I am looking at having to add a room on to my old house so the walk in shower can be built. My house has no more room to let me put in a bathroom. My bathroom in only 4x6 so it does not meet the minimum space requirements. I wish I could get a stand up tub but I have to look at a walk in shower with a seat.

Until I selected a contractor from VA list It went nowhere. I must say after that it got done and the Contractor was ok.

Good Luck.

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2015 at 8:45 AM, Stretch said:

I have wactched two older pople break fheir pelvis bones and both ended up with artheritis in the break heal joint.Its feels like hog sand and is simmilar to Gout. Thsey both ended up using every home reemedy possible. This is just takes. Walk-in tub sounds great. Leg us know how you did it, when you get it. i wNT the same thing and will report back.

I think Bath In Tubs are really most helpful and comfortable for mostly old and handicapped people as it makes bathing easier and safer for seniors and disabled.  There are various walk-in bathtubs which are not only safe but also come with the therapeutic power of hydrotherapy that helps in relieving pain and boosts up energy in the seniors who spend time in the walk-in bathtub while bathing.