VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Property Taxes Waived For 100%/p&t/unemployable

Thanks guys for your replys. Well, I don't know what to think. My house was appraised at $750.000 back in 2007. Then in 2008 it was reappraised again and it was only worth $335.000 where it sits now. So, I don't think it's going to make a big difference for me. I'll just sit back and let them do their job. I just don't want it to become another VA type ordeal. I don't think I can handle another couple of years of waiting and pulling my hair over a few Dollars.

Anyway, guys thank y'all so much.

Good Bless

Aggie.

• 1 year later...

Guys if anyone from PA could weigh in I would appreciate it. My question is about the "Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption" states that the Veteran must prove financial need according to the criteria established by the State Veterans Commission if their annual income exceeds $87,212. I get the applicants with an annual income of $87,212 or less are given a rebuttable presumption to have a need for the exemption Program. But what constitutes the financial need? What if my wife (and 2 kids) and I make $100,000.00 and but taxes are $12,000.00-$20,000.00, in my eyes that would constitute hardship. Has anyone known of a veteran or a veteran and his family making more but qualify for the exemption? I am moving back to PA where I was raised in the not too distant future. Any help would be appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

texas gives the exemption but will only refund for 2 years. Another screw job for Vetes who have to wait longer than that.