VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Past Suspension Date

Rate this question

kris

Question

I had my C&P exam 2 months ago with a favorable response from the outside Doctor the VA sent me to.

When I called the 1-800 number all the gentleman could tell me is that I was past the suspenion period on my case and that he could see nothing else on the computer and than added a good luck to me.

I am not sure what he meant by being past the suspenion period. Would any of you know what that means.

Thank you

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

He more than likely meant past the SUSPENSE date. A suspense date means nothing without knowing when you intially filed your claim. It could mean your claim was in a ready to rate status with a 60 day suspense date for a rating decision. I personally have a suspense date on my claim of 1 Sep 06, but my claim is not being rated by my own VARO, it was sent to another VARO or service center such as Cleveland, OH. My VARO puts a suspense date of 60 days from the time it was sent to the other service center (farmed out due to heavy backlog in my VARO). However, this suspense date means nothing to Cleveland VARO as they may have just as large of a backlog and my claim is sitting there in a ready to rate status in lieu of sitting at my VARO with a ready to rate status.

I filed my claim in Mar 05 and I hope to have a decision before 07 comes around. Sep 1st will be 18 months my claim has been pending.

Next time you call 800 ask for what is on the COVERS screen if the vet rep doesn't tell you much.

Well Kris,

I just received an IRIS inquiry response and it is in writing. Do tell!!! Apparantley I have hit the dead end for following up to. They more or less told me in a way "Good Luck" same as they did you. I too am passed their suspense date for rating decision also. Here's what I received:

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)

09/01/2006 11:17 AM

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Your file is still with the rating board. We regret that there is little that we can tell you, until we have an actual decision. We hope to have a decision soon, we will notify you by mail of the final decision.

We regret that we could not provide further information. Thank you for visiting our website.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Stephens

Veterans Service Center Manager

B163

Veteran/Inquirer

08/30/2006 07:16 AM

Please furnish updated status for my existing claim. I was told that my claim had been forwarded to VARO in Cleveland, OH for rating due to back log and it was sent there near the end of June 06. Everytime I follow up on the claim I am told it will be within the next 60 days and that has been going on for a year or so and my claim is now approaching 18 months in a couple of days. Can someone check with the Cleveland VARO and tell me when or if the claim has been rated? And when I may expect notification of the decision.

Thank You,

XXXXX X. XXXX

Edited by RockyA1911

• HadIt.com Elder
I had my C&P exam 2 months ago with a favorable response from the outside Doctor the VA sent me to.

When I called the 1-800 number all the gentleman could tell me is that I was past the suspenion period on my case and that he could see nothing else on the computer and than added a good luck to me.

I am not sure what he meant by being past the suspenion period. Would any of you know what that means.

Thank you

The suspense date is the next date the VA is scheduled to look at your claim.

Not in my case it's not, I'm not sure about Kris. You see I would not have any scheduled reviews. I have been 10% since 1976, 20 year rule and it was permanent and total (open head injury). In my case the suspense date was when Chicago VARO farmed out my claim, initiated in Mar05, in a ready to rate status to Cleveland VARO on the 26th of June. They put a suspense date for decision of 60 days from the 26th of June, allowing for receipt, with suspense date of 1Sep06, hence past suspense date (Claim still at Cleveland VARO for rating). I am awaiting a decision on my claim, not a review.