VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Am I Entitled To After Being Rated 20%?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,\

I was recently rated at 20% for tinnitus and insomnia. I was denied for hearing loss even though I can't hear squat and I worked on the flight deck of a carrier my whole time in the Navy. But, I already posted questions about that and got some great informative reponses.

I just got my information packet explaining why I was rated where i was rated but it doesn't explain anything else at all.

I guess what I am asking is where do I go from here, and what am I entitled to now that i wasn't entitled to as just a veteran?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Insomnia could be a symptom of depression. Get an exam for depression. You can appeal the 20%. You probably won't get an increase for the hearing but the insomnia may open something new. Why do you think you have insomnia?

John

My insomnia is due to my ears ringing constantly. It is hard to sleep, especially if i don't have a fan or TV on.

Voc Rehab, as I understand it, is simular to vocational education... I am not interested in changing careers but thanks for the reply.

Edited by ktm rider

If this was your initial award, have you compared the testing results in the C&P exam (or existing test results) to the VASRD (Veterans Affairs Schedule for Rating Disabilities) to ensure that they have rated you correctly? Way to often the VA grants and gives a substandard rating, it is possible you are rated correctly but you should really double check. If you don't think it is correct, read up on appeals information on this site and read over the section of your award entitled "if you disagree with our decision". If you appeal, you generally do not risk anything that was granted in your award, don't let fear of losing what you were awarded prevent you from appealing(if in fact you think your rating is incorrect).

Best regards,

I posted my test results and discussed the possiblityof an appeal in this thread:

but, what am I entitled to being rated at 20% that i wasn't entitled to as just a veteran?

Am I supposed to have an ID card? What about........