VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Here Actually Rated More Than 0% For Hearing Loss?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

My wife was sick and tired of repeating herself so she insisted I go to the VA. It was no secret that my hearing was bad. Failed tests at work every year. I worked on the flight deck of a carrier from 88'.-92'. SO I went.

I did some research online and it seems that a vet rated higher then 0% for hearing loss is as rare as hens teeth.

I was actually denied for my hearing even though I show hearing loss within the VA criteria. It seems that My exit hearing test in 1992 showed no hearing loss..... I don't recall taking an exit test.

Has anyone here actually been successful in claiming hearing loss and got a rating higher than 0%?

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh I guess you were working on a computer. IF you don't have one or access to one then the public libraries usually offer access. I think then you 'll find it very beneficial to check your rate.

Getting the proper rate leaves the VA at a disadvantage more than almost any disability because the chart is clear and if you land on the correct rate they can not screw you.

Stillhere

yes you can get a higher rating. I am 50% to include tinnitus . Tinnitus is 10% and that is all you can get for that. So that is 20% per ear.

I think Hollis get 40% for hearing loss and 10% for tinitus for a total of 50%.

Pretty severe hearing loss.

Hollis. Question for you. Can you watch a movie at the theater and hear whats going on? I've tried with and without my aids and it seems that in thy he past year or two since aproaching the 40% hearing loss mark that I can't follow movies anymore.

Just wondering.

KILLEMALL is right, 40% for hearing losss and 10% on tinnitus=50% ON HEARING, 50% on PTSD= 70% TOTAL

Well I don't go to movie I get nervous Inside with so many people sitting around me. But I sit in my recliner and watch TV, which is about 20' from me, and several times I have to ask Maria what did she /he say. I have a very hard time hearing things on TV unless it is up a lot. I have a hard time hearing women talk. The level of their voice is high and that is where I have my loss at. I do OK with my aids in, but I mostly put them in when I am driving.