VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got A Hearing Date

Rate this question

DickC

Question

Haven't posted on Hadit for a long time but thought I would stop by say hello and let everybody know that after almost 2 years I have a SSDI hearing date in front of an ALJ in January. Attorney says we will win but I guess time will tell and I'm not holding my breath.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have an appt with my attorney this next week to prepare for the hearing in Jan. This gives him enough time to request recent records and allows me to ask him some questions.

Just got back from a 100 mile drive and my hearing with the ALJ and I am glad that is behind me. My attorney said he thought it went very well and feels that the ALJ will rule in my favor. The VE said I can no longer do my regular type of work and that the classification that SS had for my job (light duty) was wrong and that it was closer to medium duty. The judge only asked one question after hearing all the tetimony and that was if my skills were transfeable to a light duty job and the VE said no not without extensive retraining and at 57 that isn't going to happen. Man I hope I am finally at the end of a long tunnel. ALJ said two weeks for the decision but my attorney said probably closer to two months. I will be sure to stop in and let everyone know what the decision comes through.

Just got back from a 100 mile drive and my hearing with the ALJ and I am glad that is behind me. My attorney said he thought it went very well and feels that the ALJ will rule in my favor. The VE said I can no longer do my regular type of work and that the classification that SS had for my job (light duty) was wrong and that it was closer to medium duty. The judge only asked one question after hearing all the tetimony and that was if my skills were transfeable to a light duty job and the VE said no not without extensive retraining and at 57 that isn't going to happen. Man I hope I am finally at the end of a long tunnel. ALJ said two weeks for the decision but my attorney said probably closer to two months. I will be sure to stop in and let everyone know what the decision comes through.

The above looks good and I would agree with the attorney - probably still in a

holding patter for a couple of months.

Hopefully your decision, is Fully Favorable.

Hang in there.

I am sitting here in tears as I write this, the journey is finally over and I received a letter today that stated the "Notice of Decision is FULLY FAVORABLE. It does not say how much per month but it does go back to Sept 19, 2011.

It also says that medical improvement is expected with appropriate treatment (not what the doctors tell me). Consequently a continuing disability review is recommended in 12 months. What does this mean?

Edited by DickC