VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got A Hearing Date

Rate this question

DickC

Question

Haven't posted on Hadit for a long time but thought I would stop by say hello and let everybody know that after almost 2 years I have a SSDI hearing date in front of an ALJ in January. Attorney says we will win but I guess time will tell and I'm not holding my breath.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Great News bud, and it means that in a year you will have another C&P exam, and the VA will continue %, Lower or increase. I have the same thing for my Crohn's Disease, WTH, which you know is incurable. Just another way for the Govt to try to control us. God Bless and keep us posted.

Hi DickC, congratulations on your win!!

The second part means that they will review your condition in 12 months. The judge believes that if you receive the correct medical treatment that your condition can improve, so unfortunately the journey is not over. They will most likely request your medical records from your doctors and they may request an exam by a SS doctor. It means that they don't consider you permanently disabled. I'm not sure if they could change it to disable with no review or not. I know that they can request reviews every 12 months, 3 years, or 5-7 years, and some say no improvement expected.

Shyne-I

Hi DickC, congratulations on your win!!

The second part means that they will review your condition in 12 months. The judge believes that if you receive the correct medical treatment that your condition can improve, so unfortunately the journey is not over. They will most likely request your medical records from your doctors and they may request an exam by a SS doctor. It means that they don't consider you permanently disabled. I'm not sure if they could change it to disable with no review or not. I know that they can request reviews every 12 months, 3 years, or 5-7 years, and some say no improvement expected.

Shyne-I

That is kind of what I thought it meant. Docs tell me there is nothing they can do for my DDD and spinal stenosis not to mention the other stuff I have wrong with me. Guess we will cross that bridge when I get to it.

DickC I was approved on January 31 and the judge wrote 18 month review on mine. I have the same issues as you and probably like you they won't do surgery on me because of DDD and DJD. Surgery won't help but make it worse..

Don't worry about the review because they write this on most of everyone and in 12 months you will not even have a review. The review is they will send you a paper and ask you how your condition is going, if it got better or not. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy yourself and go fishing or something else your able to do. Or like me go outside and find something to do like blow leaves around the yard.

Have you receive your official payment notice yet? Still waiting on mine. Hopefully it will be soon because it will help me a ton to get little projects going I need to do to keep my mind busy, busy, busy.

Congrats...

Rpowell01,

I talked to my attorney and was told that this particular judge puts 12 month reviews on EVERY fully favorable decision she makes. I have not yet received anything concerning payment and was told by my attorney that I will get it anywhere between 2 weeks and 60 days.

Edited by DickC

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The should take away that judge's 12-month review rubber stamp. It's a waste of ink.