VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Friendly Home Insurance?

Rate this question

Harley-1

Question

Hello Everyone! I just noticed recently that My State Farm Carrier deceided to hike My bill again this year it is almost $1,100.00 for a $105,000 ish Home here in Texas???? I thought $800.00 hike last year was high from arround $650.00 any leads on a non CROOK Insurer would be MOST appreciated : )

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Harley-1,

Contact USAA insurance and see if they can help you. I had been with Georgia Farm Bureau for over twenty years and they increased my homeowner's insurance by 40% last year and I had never filed a claim with them. I switched my home and my vehicles to USAA and saved almost $1,000.00. USAA is veteran friendly and highly rated by consumer reports.

Georgiapapa...

• HadIt.com Elder

I live in Florida. Even the government home insurance rips off the homeowners. Our home and flood insurance is a scandal. If we have a hurricane most of the people who have insurance will be waiting a long time to get a dime. Citizens is the name of the state operated insurance and they are broke. My private insurance company is little more than fire insurance. They would go belly up if we had a Katrina.

• HadIt.com Elder

Harley-1,

Contact USAA insurance and see if they can help you. I had been with Georgia Farm Bureau for over twenty years and they increased my homeowner's insurance by 40% last year and I had never filed a claim with them. I switched my home and my vehicles to USAA and saved almost $1,000.00. USAA is veteran friendly and highly rated by consumer reports.

Georgiapapa...

Must be a state issue........I have had KY Farm Bureau for over tewnty years, this year my rate dropped from almost 1100 to 779 per year. I was skeptical, cuz the new ploicy took me from a 250 deductible to a 1000 as they no longer offer the 250. I went to my agent to make sure my coverage was still the same and it was.....a few weeks later my car insurance was renewed, I had just bought a new truck, and that policy decreased 23 bucks per month for 3 vehicles with full coverage....Go figure.

I have to +1 the USAA. I got tired of continued rate increases with my previous homeowners and my auto. I did a little research and by combining both with USAA I save close to $1000 a year. However I will have to say, the raised my rates this past renewal with no explaination other than "Texas requirements caused the increase. My Homeowner is a shade over $1200 on a home value of $315,000. I do have the 1000 deductable on most things. A couple of areas are only $250. My auto is not any cheaper than my previous insurance company, but that said, I had to sue my own insurance on an accident where I was a pedesterian. I then was rear ended where I slowed for a major fire on the hwy, and the guy behind me never took his foot off the doing 65-70 when he rearended me. (was he texting??). The worse part is I was on a motorcycle. We both had the same insurance company. I have been in a lawsuit with them for over 2 years now. So with the reputation of USAA I don't mind paying the same or a little more to NOT have to deal in court anytime I have a claim, especially when neither was my fault. Insurance is not always about the lowest price.

Edited by confusion99%

Thanks to all for Info and advice : )