VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P & C Exam

Rate this question

Dan

Question

Hi,

I just got my notice from the VA to go for my P & C exam next week, although I haven't received my "old" medical records from St. Louis yet. My records, since finding out that I have HEP C, are pretty extensive and complete. Should I take a copy of these with me for the exam? Any pointers or advice as to how much information I should bring to this, anything I shouldn't bring or admit to? I do have a NEXUS letter in my VA Medical folder and will be getting another from my civilian GI doctor after he has had a chance to review my "old" records. What should I ask for in the way of a transcript or a copy or the medical record from this exam?

Thanks,

Dan

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest jstacy

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm35.htm

Dan I just attached a link for theC@P Exam you are going to take. The Examiner must follow this instruction. If th einformation you have is in the claims folder make sure the examiner sees it. If you are unsure, Take a copy with you but keep it under wraps until the Examiner asks for the evidence if it is not there.

Good luck and welcome to Hadit.

Guest terrysturgis

Dan, I had a brief case with every piece of paper I used on my claims and took to every appointment I had at the VA. It's rather large and has dividers in it to reference each item claimed. That way I never lacked any information to slow down my claims.

After your exam go to the release of information office and sign the form requesting copies of your exam. My copies came in about a week. Some medical centers may take longer, some less. Good luck. Terry Sturgis