VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do If Currently Employed And Not Doing Well At Work?

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I am 80% and might be able to get federal disability retirement. I am only 35 years old. I make over $100,000 a year but I dont think I can keep it up. Does anyone know what all my options are for disability and the amounts possible. I have a few claims I would like to reopen also. I am afraid I could lose what I have for no good reason at all. Has anyone else been in my shoes? Any advice on who I can go see to seek help with my claims. VA just does not get it somehow. Thanks!

Vet20. Tell me about it! Im 34 and close to body builder look at five foot eight and 230 pounds. No one would know till they try to talk to me and I keep walking away because I dont hear them. God bless our brothers and sisters whom have the obviously seen disabilities. Life missing linbs or blind ect is Im sure a hard obstacle to overcome. God bless them indeed.

To be back on subject. Ive read that 80% of federal disability retirement claims are approved. I know for a fact that the way my hearing is degenerating I will be lucky to sustain at work another year or too. Hence Ive started the fdr process.

If you feel the same way then do the same.

As far as the handicap parking spaces. I love writing those tickets. On the federal side its a 100$ ticket. I just cant see why any rational person would park in handicapped spaces. I scold them harshly. Really one of my pet peeves. Ok way off subject now. God bless guys and girls

Tbird, I vent as well as most of the guys on Hadit, but I don't base issues on my opinion. Opinions only get people worked up. One of the perks, I guess, of being on the Top Secret, and Navy DIA side is that I have learned so much, Good and Bad. One of my close friends with the VA, is extremely high ranked, he was a previous Commendant of the Marine Corp, don't get now higher than that. He told me a few months back that the false claims, especially for Vietnam Vets is so high, that he has put together a Unit that looks into 1 out of 5 Vietnam Vet VA Claims, and in fact the numbers came out to more like 70% to be false. It about blew my ears off, and drove my blood pressure up. Sad thing is that so many Vietnam vets deserve a whole lot more than most of us younger Vets, but they get Side Swiped due to bad Vets. He tells me that by 2020 as the Current Wars tailor off, the amount of fraudulent claims could be as high as 85% for OIF/OEF vets. No wonder those of us that are truly disabled have to fight so hard to prove our sicknesses, Physical or Mental. Sometimes I wish I was 60 so people would just quit Staring and Asking stupid questions. God Bless each and every one of you.