VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's Next ?

Rate this question

rep8

Question

Had psych evaluation C/Pin 2011. Tried relentlessly to get copy of results to no avail. Ongoing appeal during this time. 2013 received remand notice from VLJ at BVA because no SSOC provided for any issues that had been denied on appeal. Waiting on SSOC. Finally got correct number of actual clinic where exam was given and was told there is no report for psych c/p for FEB 2011, but they had one for exam done in June of 2012. Advised to contact FOI for medical records. Discovered “cancelled” psych c/p in 2012 . How can a report be written on an exam that was over a year old? I received no notice of any exam other than for 2011 which I promptly kept. Further investigation leads me to believe the exam report dated in June, 2012 is a report that was written for someone requesting report for appeal process. Apparently the report was written using notes from actual exam that was done in 2011. Report was written on an exam that was over a year old. Can they do this, and if not what is next step? At time of exam in 2011 Dr stated I appear to have some remnants of PTSD. Yes it was a real Psych doctor doing exam but he I was informed has since retired . Any suggestions? Thank you all

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

1. Verify that the doctor that wrote the report in 2012 is the same one who conducted the 2011 exam. 2. Verify that the 2012 report is truly a report about you and not someone else in your folder. 3. Get a copy of your C-file, if you were given a copy before aske for all materials added to the folder since your last copy. You have whole lot of appears and I thinks, the current c-file information can fill in a lot of blanks. Alternatively you can just schedule an appointment to view the file.

Best regards,

Had my c & p exam yesterday at QTC and the doctor was really nice. He said I had all the medical documents to prove I'm service connected. He also stated that he's 100% in my favor. How long will it's take for a decision?

Had my c & p exam yesterday at QTC and the doctor was really nice. He said I had all the medical documents to prove I'm service connected. He also stated that he's 100% in my favor. How long will it's take for a decision?

Welcome.

Glad the examiner sounded supportive but the decisions to

grant SC, evaluation for percentage and effective dates will

be the VBA decision maker - not the examiner.

There is no time limit to receive your rating decision.

Could be a month - 3 - 6 - 9 - months , or longer.

Good luck on all of it.

jmho