Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

Question

Thanksgiving was truly a wonderful week this year. My wife is a Vietnam era veteran. I have seen first-hand, her pain and suffering. At times it was all I could bear as she suffered through the problems of her service connected disabilities. Her problems caused a lot of tension between us. I love her very much. I write this so that other women veterans never give up their fight for justice.

My wife got a letter in the mail from VA giving her an 80% disability rating this week for service connected disabilities that occurred in the middle seventies. She was under PTSD treatment at the VA for MST. She also had a related disability. She first filed a claim about 5 years ago for the related disability and was denied. The VA wrote her a letter and said that no record of the disability was in her records and she was never treated. She wrote a nasty letter back telling the VA that apparently that the VA employees’ never read their own records. She was the key to her claim, did not use a lawyer, and only used a service representative for advice and mailings.

Here is a good guide and when filling out the forms one must be very careful to read and follow the instructions http://statesidelegal.org/how-file-well-prepared-mst-claim . Also a good guide book on PTSD http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11870&page=R1

A VA guide book on PTSD http://www.avapl.org/pub/PTSD%20Manual%20final%206.pdf

• Like 1

Ad

Congratulations to you and your wife!... I noticed in your first link that it says that they will "sanitize" your military records/evidence of rape kits etc.

I was wondering why there was no information pertaining to the investigation of my MST in my files. I did notice that there was a sheet of paper in my claims folder that said "dna sample shredded" and it has the date it was done. I'm having to re tell my story and gather other evidence all over again!! I don't like talking about what happened. I don't want my son to find out that my husband is not his biological father. His father was my commanding officer in boot camp. I have never mentioned this on here before because it is embarrassing, but I feel more comfortable with discussing it now because you all on Hadit have become family.

Shyne-I

• Like 1

sorry to hear that Shyne. have you spoken with professional psycologist on how you will go abt letting your son know when the time is right. I dont think I could feel comfortable living with something like that, just knowing im being untruthful to someone I love. God gave u your son, and the circumstances arent as important as the fact that you were blessed. Does your husband know? and does the commanding officer know.? it must be a huge load to carry around, worrying that he will find out elsewhere. I pray that you will be freed from this burden .

Sierra it has bothered me for a while. My husband knows everything. We actually met when we were both exiting the military. I was 7 mos . pregnant when we met. As for my son's biological father (my boot camp company commander). He knows... When I reported the sexual blackmail he was fined and knocked down in rank! No formal charges, no brig time...nothing. All I got was a lot of broken promises from the military and ushered out of the service due to pregnancy. My son is 18 now and has known no other father but my husband. My company commander is no where to be found....He owes me over $40,000 in back child support but seems to be working under another social security number or under the table! He wants nothing to do with my son. I prefer to keep it that way.

Shyne-I

So sorry to hear of your remarkable journey. Maybe if u can get a private investigator, they can find the guy and either make him pay or make him suffer. I think they take your drivers liscense, take any income tax, and also jail time for back child support if they catch him. somewhere along the line he will slip up,. Hang in there ,things will get better.