VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Multiple Applications Filed For Same Claim On Same Night Ebenifits

Rate this question

marine0816

Question

I served in the Marine Corps from 200-2004, was in servere cold weather for over six months and received frostbite on my hands, feet, ears and nose..when I left the USMC I was unaware that I could recieve benifits for frostbite.. I have frostbite on both hands but is more pronounced on my right hand (right handed)and do to fact that I use it more, I just claimed my right hand not knowing I should of claimed all extretimites.

So last year I put in a claim for my right hand and about a year later got awarded 20% for obvious color discoloration and cold sensitivity.. So after getting more educated with the VA I decided to claim my other extremities. Being unfamiliar with ebenifits I filled four FDC claims in one night for my feet and nose ears as "secondary" claim linking them to my service connected right hand. After research on secondary claims I decided to make them all "new" claims and filed my feet, ears and nose as a separate "new" claim. So as a result I have multiple applications for the same claim. How does VA treat this and will this delay my decision time? thank you

Semper Fi

Edited by marine0816

Im done gathering my evidence which includes: 4 buddy statements, 2 private doctor notes, VA doctor notes, and lab results. VA has not sent a letter stating that they withdrew my earlier claims, i sent the request to withdraw back in December. I will send my new claim regardless to keep a good retro date.. i plan to file through ebenifits again, is that a good choice? or should i use DAV? thanks

OK it took from November to May for VA to fix my self made mess. Already had my C&P Exam and VA said if I'm due money the retro will be the first date sumbission in ebennifits. So screwing up ebennifits is not a big deal. Your claim just won't be FDC. Thanks