VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Multiple Applications Filed For Same Claim On Same Night Ebenifits

Rate this question

marine0816

Question

I served in the Marine Corps from 200-2004, was in servere cold weather for over six months and received frostbite on my hands, feet, ears and nose..when I left the USMC I was unaware that I could recieve benifits for frostbite.. I have frostbite on both hands but is more pronounced on my right hand (right handed)and do to fact that I use it more, I just claimed my right hand not knowing I should of claimed all extretimites.

So last year I put in a claim for my right hand and about a year later got awarded 20% for obvious color discoloration and cold sensitivity.. So after getting more educated with the VA I decided to claim my other extremities. Being unfamiliar with ebenifits I filled four FDC claims in one night for my feet and nose ears as "secondary" claim linking them to my service connected right hand. After research on secondary claims I decided to make them all "new" claims and filed my feet, ears and nose as a separate "new" claim. So as a result I have multiple applications for the same claim. How does VA treat this and will this delay my decision time? thank you

Semper Fi

Edited by marine0816

as soon as you send in the VA FM 21-4138 asking the VA to consolidate your claim(s), it/they will be removed from the fully developed claim status to the regular claim status.

When you submit a FDC, you must provide all medical documentation, buddy statements or any other documents to support your claim, MUST be submitted together to remain as an FDC. The minute VA receives additional documentation for your claim, again it loses the FDC status.

I recommend and strongly suggest to each and every veteran that I come in contact with, to never submit a claim using the e-benefit site. This site still has a lot of discrepancies to it and until those are fixed, stay away.

Once you complete your forms, obtain all documentation and submit them to the VARO in your state. Keep a copy for your records.

Now, this being fairly new claim and this time of the year, I would suggest that you submit a VA FM 21-4138 and tell VA that you want to withdraw your claim. Once this action is taken, the VA will send you a letter stating that the claim has been terminated or withdrawn. Once you have that letter, then submit a new claim, with all medical documentation. Remember, a VA FM 21-526ez is required for a FDC.

If you are unsure as to the forms, contact a veterans service officer , normally located at the veterans hospital or the veterans administration regional office in your state. Again, that's what I would recommend you doing, because right now, you have a 100% cluster sitting at the VA. Not a good way to start your claim.

I'm thinking of doing that, is that the "statement in support of claim" form? What should I write, do I simply state to delete all my claims or do I need to give them some type of number? Thanks

how does this sound for a withdraw letter?

"Good Morning to whom it may concern:

Do to errors in filing through the ebeniftes website I have multiple claims for the same condition. As of December 18, 2013 Please withdraw all new/current claims including my NOD (Notice Of Disagreement). I will resubmit my claim once I receive confirmation that all my previous claims have been deleted. Thank You"

Edited by marine0816

as soon as you send in the VA FM 21-4138 asking the VA to consolidate your claim(s), it/they will be removed from the fully developed claim status to the regular claim status.

When you submit a FDC, you must provide all medical documentation, buddy statements or any other documents to support your claim, MUST be submitted together to remain as an FDC. The minute VA receives additional documentation for your claim, again it loses the FDC status.

I recommend and strongly suggest to each and every veteran that I come in contact with, to never submit a claim using the e-benefit site. This site still has a lot of discrepancies to it and until those are fixed, stay away.

Once you complete your forms, obtain all documentation and submit them to the VARO in your state. Keep a copy for your records.

Now, this being fairly new claim and this time of the year, I would suggest that you submit a VA FM 21-4138 and tell VA that you want to withdraw your claim. Once this action is taken, the VA will send you a letter stating that the claim has been terminated or withdrawn. Once you have that letter, then submit a new claim, with all medical documentation. Remember, a VA FM 21-526ez is required for a FDC.

If you are unsure as to the forms, contact a veterans service officer , normally located at the veterans hospital or the veterans administration regional office in your state. Again, that's what I would recommend you doing, because right now, you have a 100% cluster sitting at the VA. Not a good way to start your claim.

Ok I listened to your advice and I sent the Letter to withdraw all claims, how long does it take for VA to withdraw them from the system? Thanks for the advice

depends on your VARO and also, things slow down a lot more with VA throughout Christmas and New Years. I wouldn't expect anything until at least the end of January. When you receive your letter, let me know and I will help you in the submission of your claim.

IMO - you yourself, have created a cluster F of your issues.Hopefully someone at VBA will straighten it all out and consolidateyour issues.Also, if you did not also submit your evidence for these issues -they will be pulled out of the FDC line.JMHO

Thanks. How do I send private messages and access members profiles? I seem to be restricted on this forum. Thanks for all information