VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ken Carpenter Has Joined My Cue Before The Cavc

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was checking the CAVC website and saw that Ken Carpenter has joined my lawyer to act as co-counsel to argue my CUE before a panel of judges at the CAVC. He is doing it pro bono. I guess this is a good sign or my lawyer begged him for help? My hearing is 12-12-2013 at 10am. Does anyone have an idea as to why Mr. Carpenter would join my case free of charge just to argue it?

John

let him win one battle at a time,, if they are possibly going to cue back to 1971, the va will fight them tooth and nail. the govt has no problem giving billions of dollars to countries like Pakistan, to hide public enemy number one from us, but back pay a vet, thats a no no.

Try to relax your mind, and stay busy. refinsh that rocking chair, or kitchen table, go get the tires rotated, bring the dog to the vet for a check up, or petsmark for a new toy. just hang in there. its going to go, how its going to go. youve done everything u could.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I only get concerned around the time some event in my case is supposed to happen and his hearing will happen. I presented the VA with the evidence and argument in this case over 7 years ago. All the rest has been the VA batting my case back and forth like a ping pong ball. They bat me around as well because I want justice (and money). Next will be the Army if I can find someone who will take them on for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

Since my lawyer wants his money I think he is going to try every way possible to keep it going. I will pay him 20% of retro. This could be significant amount of money. I hope he knows what is possible and can get both of us paid before he retires and I die from old age. The mention of AMC has made my blood run cold.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I just visited the CAVC website and it appears the VA is trying to introduce a 1989 decision into my 1973 CUE claim. I was granted 10% for schizophrenia in 1973. 15 years later I had another c&p exam where the exam doctor said I was a personality disorder and not suffering from any mental disorder. My compensation was not reduced or severed since it had been 15 years since I was first SC'ed. Why would my lawyer not oppose this attempt to introduce this into my CUE no? I have been emailing him and calling him since I read the CAVC docket report. All this since Ken Carpenter got on board. Some years later I was increased to 30 % and then to 70% and then TDIU for the last 12 years.

I always thought that whatever was in the record at the time of a CUE was the only thing that could be considered????? The VA can not jump ahead 20 years or jump back 20 years to add or subtract some facts or evidence. I have been SC'ed for over 40 years.

John