VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ken Carpenter Has Joined My Cue Before The Cavc

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was checking the CAVC website and saw that Ken Carpenter has joined my lawyer to act as co-counsel to argue my CUE before a panel of judges at the CAVC. He is doing it pro bono. I guess this is a good sign or my lawyer begged him for help? My hearing is 12-12-2013 at 10am. Does anyone have an idea as to why Mr. Carpenter would join my case free of charge just to argue it?

John

No, I won't attend. It will be in person. I think they hold court at CAVC hq. I got an email from Ken and he says he has a argument the next day and believes he can help with my claim. He says we just have to wait and see even though he feels it is a viable case.

John,

Is hq = DC ?

HQ is the ninth, tenth and eleventh Floors of 625 Indiana Ave. NW. If I remember correctly, the hearing room was on the ninth floor. I could be mistaken. Having Ken is like taking a chain saw to an 18th Century wood carving contest.

a

cp

Many many years ago I filed a Writ of Mandamus with the court and Ken was one of many lawyers who contacted me.

In those days they just saw the docket and my name,address etc on the court site and when they called me and found out it was a Writ they certainly weren't interested.

Ken however called me and talked to me for over an hour on VAOLA ,even after I told him it was a Writ ,and he was very supportive of the claim I filed the writ on. In those days he couldn't rep me on that claim.It was not at the BVA.

It succeeded at the RO level anyhow.

Here is one of his latest CUE awards:

ORDER

The appeal to establish CUE in the March 1971 rating decision which
 denied the Veteran service connection for schizophrenia is granted; 
service connection for schizophrenia is granted.  

http://www.va.gov/vetapp13/Files2/1312585.txt

I agree with Asknod......though I found Karl K very knowledgeable on discussing my CUE claim, ( I had considered hiring him but didn't)

I feel that you now have a Super Star ,with excellent court and CUE experience on your side too.

That time I spent on the phone with Ken many years ago and maybe a few times since then, as an advocate,and not a claimant,

was invaluable to me because we discussed a lot of other important VA stuff .

This sounds GREAT John!

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

These CUE claims are so full of booby traps I still fear failure if Perry Mason were representing me. I would like to go after the Army if I could since they lied resulting in AR 212-635 discharge after I had been in the army for 28 months.