VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Award, Waiting For Letter

Rate this question

MartyL16

Question

Just found out will be paid at 100% TDIU. Also told I got 50% for depression. Had neither one before last week but had submitted the form and evidence back in June 2013 for both.

Actually, this decision came as a surprise.

Letter not received but got about 1/2 total lump sum retro pay on Saturday.

Brings my "scheduler" to 70%. If I am using the wrong terms it is because that is the exact explanation given to me.

I was then told by 2 different VSOs that this 100% TDIU is not the same as 100% P & T, and the other said it is a 100% P&T even though the VA database says 100% TDIU.

Can someone clear the fog for me.

Also, I still have other items on the appeal that are awaiting C&P rescheduling.

Two of these items will easily get 60% each, with one maybe to 100% by itself.

Another thing "they" cautioned me about was filing any "NEW" CLAIMS as the VA then tries to lower existing ratings. Any truth to that?

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh my gosh Marty L!! I am SO happy for you!!!

I feel bad I dropped the ball on helping you on your claim - but I have been so busy with my own and school. So I was so excited to see that you got an award and will get some $$$ to at least give you a little breathing room.

As for me... I figure if I win DIC and get retro back to 2007, I should make, compared to the hours I put in, minimum wage?? (for waitresses....)

P&T stands for Permanent and Total. TDIU is Total. Permanent means that the VA doesn't expect that your disabilities will improve. You can be any of the following. TDIU TDIU P&T 100% schedular 100% schedular P7T

Congrats on your award. If you are on Ebenefits, loot at the letter generator. If you have a commissary letter then you are P & T - permanent and total with no further exams. Your benefit letter will only show what % you're rated. The commissary letter is the key

• HadIt.com Elder

If your award says you got Chapter 35 benefits then you are P&T. Also, if it says "no more future exams" that means P&T. You may be entitled to Housebound if you are Total plus 60%.

Did your award letter come with VA form 21-8760? If it is in your packet then you are P & T. Make sure you read over your packet to understand everything.

WOW, thank you all for the replies. All very informative.

When the letter arrives I will scan and paste most of it here and list any attachments.

Yes this makes me very happy but also found out today that they denied all other items, gave me the 50% depression instead of the PTSD. This means they did not review the VA PSYCHIATRIST or PSYCHOLOGIST diagnosis of PTSD.

Since the AL failed to request the extensions I needed, the VA denied those appeal items and didn't even review my legal statement given to the "call center".

Beyond any hopes that I had previously about filing an appeal, or NOD, or even understanding any of the process, you guys gave "tons" of useful information and I really appreciate the help, information, and support.

free_spirit_etc: I never thought you "dropped the ball". You and others gave me all the help I needed at the time I needed it. I couldn't ask for more.

Marty