VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Award, Waiting For Letter

Rate this question

MartyL16

Question

Just found out will be paid at 100% TDIU. Also told I got 50% for depression. Had neither one before last week but had submitted the form and evidence back in June 2013 for both.

Actually, this decision came as a surprise.

Letter not received but got about 1/2 total lump sum retro pay on Saturday.

Brings my "scheduler" to 70%. If I am using the wrong terms it is because that is the exact explanation given to me.

I was then told by 2 different VSOs that this 100% TDIU is not the same as 100% P & T, and the other said it is a 100% P&T even though the VA database says 100% TDIU.

Can someone clear the fog for me.

Also, I still have other items on the appeal that are awaiting C&P rescheduling.

Two of these items will easily get 60% each, with one maybe to 100% by itself.

Another thing "they" cautioned me about was filing any "NEW" CLAIMS as the VA then tries to lower existing ratings. Any truth to that?

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since I got TDIU in 2002 I have filed numerous good claims including two CUE claims and claims agent orange disabilities and secondary AO disabilities. When I got TDIU I was denied Chapter 35. I appealed that and got it. Then I filed for DMII and PN as secondary due to Agent Orange. I filed for CAD secondary to DMII and got just 0%. I appealed that and got 60%. I then claimed housebound and the VA called a CUE on themselves. So far the VA has not tried to reduce me. I have been getting medical care at the VA since the 1990's. When I got 70% and was denied TDIU the DAV told me not to appeal. I am glad I did not listen to those dopes. My VA shrink back in the late 90's when I was 30% for bi-polar told me I would never get an increase. Another idiot and quack.

John

Got this from E-benefits as you all suggested:

Also got the actual rating document with SOC.

I WILL GET INTO THAT NEXT WEEK.

The biggest problem is that the American Legion "dropped the ball" by not sending my requests for extension of time, well before the due dates because of a significant "flare-up" of my cervical stenosis. I am still typing with 1 finger left hand.

Also, just found out 4 months later that the American Legion did not submit that "dependents" form. I would have been waiting forever.

Anyway, this attached letter takes some load off. Now to submit to SS for dis

E-Benefits Dec2013.pdf

Congrats. Great News. Merry Merry Christmas.

Don't forget about any State benefits. Ho Ho Ho Now all you need is a little snow for a White Merry Christmas :smile::biggrin::smile:

that is great news, and just before Christmas , now there a present worth waiting for. So glad for you and thank you for your service

Just to let you know I have filed also last Feb. I got some VA papers to have my old boss to fill out stating what was my working habits and annual income from them. And if they could state the reason why I quit. That part was easy for them, They asked me to fill in the blanks. Got it signed and will back on the way to the VA tomorrow.