VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Babe In The Woods

Rate this question

Peacenik

Question

Boy! I wrote in my introduction that I hope to help someone else through my 35 years of experience in dealing with VA. After surfing this site however, I realize it is I who can benefit from all of you. My horror stories don't even begin to measure up to the things I am reading. Man, I've had a cakewalk compared to many of you.

The things that I have learned however are: VSO's generally are far inferior to VA in their knowledge of VA regs. This doesn't bode well for all of us. Also, Lawyers are generally speaking not familiar with VA law and I'm not sure that this new rule will actually help many vets. Any success at all with legal representation will quickly sour because, they will probably raid our settlements with fees etc. I've learned that our senate reps are often times equally clueless when you finally get one to help you. Case in point is Sen. Lieberman who I believe was on sen. Armed services Comm but when I saw him addressing VA at a joint session dealing with veterans affairs, he seemed to accept the bull@@t they were spewing without a single challenge. It really saddened and infuriated me. I am so lucky to have found all of you. One request however. Could you all specify what you are referring to by all this alphabet soup? I get lost in all the abbreviations and I'm sure a lot of other vets do too.

The dealings I've had with VA are Aid and Attendance and Housebound. I feel I am qualified to advise on those issues only. I have learned the hard way about A&A and all the ways VA have craeted to wiggle out of that commitment.

On all these other issues, I defer to all of you out there who have also unfortunately learned the hard way. I hope to become a good student and learn from all of you. Thank goodness for this forum. Peace

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

Good Morning Peace,

Everyone who has read your post this morning is sitting by their computer with a smile on their face.

I'm fairly new to hadit.com myself, and I must tell you that it is the best thing that has happened for my husband and I to have found this website.

You will find some info here, not all but alot. Then you just have to ask on some when you don't know. Get out your paper and pen or start a file on the computer for reference.

http://www.hadit.com/glossary.htm

Jangrin :D

• HadIt.com Elder

For most the first thing is to ask questions and absorb the answers in our Discussion Groups. If you want to take full advantage of Hadit you need to research some of the opinions on the Hadit Home Page so you can back up opinions with Regulations, Rules and CF R's cited and of course Court Opinions.

Its also a good idea to visit other sites and eventually you will see the light and the way to win your claim.

Not everyone had a hard time either but the people who get their claim handled in a short time and to their satisfaction are not likely to find Hadit.

For most the first thing is to ask questions and absorb the answers in our Discussion Groups. If you want to take full advantage of Hadit you need to research some of the opinions on the Hadit Home Page so you can back up opinions with Regulations, Rules and CF R's cited and of course Court Opinions.

Its also a good idea to visit other sites and eventually you will see the light and the way to win your claim.

Not everyone had a hard time either but the people who get their claim handled in a short time and to their satisfaction are not likely to find Hadit.

I didn't say my situation was handled in short order. In fact it took five and a half years. But I still feel like I haven't been put through the wringer like some of you folks. At least I finally found my way through the maze. Trouble is, It was like swimming, or should I say drowning alone. This place seems like a good life raft and I have a strong feeling that these new disabled from the gulf war are gonna need this kind of help more than ever. I wish I had found it sooner. It certainly would have shortened the learning curve. Peace and thanks