VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Update Preporation For Decision

Rate this question

scoutitout19d

Question

So checked ebennis today just updated to preparation for decision but my estimate date of completiom changed from Dec 29 13-Aug 08 14 to March 03 2014-July 09 2014 any similar experiences? What would be a good guess on how much longer till I receive the brown envelop and deposit?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I filed Jan 31 2013 I'm in California my claim is at the Oakland RO...

my claim stayed on under review until yesterday it switched to prep for decision.

The thing that stresses me the most is all the time frames I've been told originally when I filed I was told 8 months then a year and so on after my c&p exam I was told a couple weeks by the Dr 3 months by a lady in the phone and then a month with another lady on the phone. My claim is primarily PTSD with anxiety insomnia nightmares rage disorder depression & vbms? So I would think based solely of PTSD it wouldn't take as long especially with me being homeless and out of work since 2010.

Also just to add info the Dr who gave me the c&p exam I got frustrated with because it only took about 5 minutes and he said "what would you want me to do? I'm going off a list here and you've checked yes on all of the questions you have PTSD and it has impaired you to the point where you cannot hold a job." His words exactly any thoughts?

I have a rating for PTSD, and I know how you feel. I had a rough time with the VA Dr., but turned out she did a good job. What screwed me was the base medical Civilian doc was retiring and he put that my GAF was 70 even though the VA said my GAF was 42. So I got low balled by the VA and got 30%. I think that the VA low balled me cause the Navy medically retired me in February. My VSO told me, " Submit a FDC cause it only takes a few months " yeah right. I put my claim in September and it has not moved at all, no C&P or anything bud. I spent 3 months in a Mental Hospital last year, I know how you feel bud. Lucky for me, I have a great wife and daughters. Good luck and you should hear something in the next month or so. What hurts us is that we are going thru the Holidays so everything might so down. I have an SSDI claim in too, so I am really going crazy. God bless you and hope we all have an early Christmas.

• HadIt.com Elder

I liked it better when you just sent in your claim and evidence and went to sleep for a couple of years. This Ebenefits is just a cruel joke. The dates they give you for completion are just pulled out of a hat.

Navy, I'm sorry to hear that man but good thing you are still blessed with an amazing family who is there for you and puts up with the things that we go through as vets some ppl really don't understand how things can be so dramatically different with our thoughts and processes.

I was told that my claim would fast tracked but guess it was fast tracked to a pile amongst others.

And I agree I would have rather not known anything during this process I much rather just have waited till they sent the final notice.

Thanks for your responses and happy holidays hope this Christmas brings that brown wrapped present.

Thanks Scout,

I completed my Medical History and my Work History packets for the SSDI claim and mailed them today. Seems that my SSDI claim which I just submitted two weeks ago is moving faster than my darn so called FDC. Thanks for the support and kind words to all of you on here. You truly are me brothers and sisters. God Bless!!!!