VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Hearing Set For January

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Been waiting for about a 1 1/2 and my attorney is flying in from Texas. They are very confident with all the VA records and they are actually going to use Dr. Bash's two letters he wrote as an IMO. They said they can also use this letter for SSDI. They said they seen people with my condition all the time but its rare they see it in all three parts of the spine unless your an older person.

The smack middle of January is my hearing and I hope the ALJ reads the records. I do know they are going to have a voc counselor there but what they don't realize is I was in Voc Rehab and doing great with a 3.8 GPA then boom my lower back went out and is now causing all kinds of problems in my legs, feet and toes. Its really weird and one part of the spine goes it all goes. Anyway I had to quit VOC Rehab because I now can't remember anything within 10 minutes if I read something because of all the medications I am on. I am on a high dose of Gabapentin and now taking Percocet. Its bad I had to wait since January 2010 to even get any pain killers like this but the Neurologist finally see how much pain I was in after I "went off" on him on the phone. He "finally" did a full exam on me which was something he never did before but he wrote on previous reports he did. He lied and I caught him in a lie and I told him I was going to report this false report to my Senator. He brought me in and did the exam and realized how bad I was. I asked him if I could go back to work (Something I really want to) but he said he can't write than on the report because his supervisor has to. I told him I wanted his opinion and he said "No you can't go back to work". We now have an understanding with each other that I only want to be treated and I will do my best to get treated.

Anyway, the Sunday after the SSDI hearing, I am going to enter the Pain Management Program for 19 days at the Tampa VA. They will bring me off the percocet (Which I don't like BTW but it helps). So, I know if my SSDI gets approved the VA Regional Office has to change their decisions on the De Novo Review of my claims. After this hearing I am going to write an amended claim asking for them to inter-twine all my claims because they all are related to my spine, every one of them. The BVA and CVAC as already said that the regional office MUST inter-twine them if one rating can affect another if they are related. I expect to be 100% P&T scheduler once SSDI makes their decision. All my SSDI claims are the same things as my VA claims.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

my brother has his hearing in 2 weeks, and I hope that my SSDI gets approved soon. I hired the same lawyer as my brother, hear in Texas too back in October. The lawyer did not even submit my claim, so his secretary retired from the SSA and she informed me to fill out application online, and if I win I just pay them back later. My SSDI claim is moving faster, than my darn FDC. Good luck to you and keep us posted. I have Degenerative Disc disease and 5 bad Vertebrae, I feel you on the tingling and pain. I also have a disease of the Knees that retain fluid, and I am going to have both knees worked on for the 4th time. Atleast you are on pain meds, I cant take those kind of meds due to my Crohn's Disease, cause they could cause me to bleed out. Take care and be safe.

navy04 I am going to be up front with you about the Crohn's disease. To be honest back in the early 2000's I was told I had it, I had all the test done and even the GI where they make you drink the chalk. Guess what my doctor gave me a prescription of Cipro and I took it and took it. Guess what it disappeared and I haven't had problems with it since then. I am only lucky person or God showed favor on me...I can't explain how it disappeared but it did.

I remember whenever I had problems with it I would turn pale white and get sick on my stomach, had to use the bathroom all the time. It was bad and I do not miss it.

I still believe a lot of my issues are Ft McClelland related with all the hazardous crap that was found after they shut down that place.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck on your hearing.

My Mother, Grandmother, and Grandfather died of Colon Cancer, and my twin brother has Crohn's Disease too. Intestinal and Stomach problems run in my family, and now my 8 year old is showing signs of stomach issues. I have grown to deal with the stomach pain, bleeding and symptoms of my Crohn's, its the mental and skeletal issues that drive me crazy. Two years ago I was Coaching and Playing Basketball for the Navy in DC, and now I cant sleep, walk, or even drive anymore, and I am only 31 years old. It has been a struggle for me to let my wife take care of the home, and my girls. I never expected to be retired from the Military at 30. Sorry I rambled on guys, God Bless and may we all have an early Christmas.

So sorry that your in this condition. I use to Coach high school football, I know that feeling when its pulled right out under your feet like that. its okay if you ramble on, its okay...God Bless you and your family..

• HadIt.com Elder

Rob, SSA Vocational expert is different than VOC Rehab. The Expert is not your friend. They have a book with jobs a person can do with disabilities so you need to hear the VOC Rehab person to say there is nothing in that book that you can do. The judge will ask the Voc Expert if there is or is not.

That about sums it up.

J