VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sick Of This

Rate this question

Guest HolliGreen

Question

Guest HolliGreen

I called my RO last week to check on the status of my claim; I was given the bum's rush off the telephone. It appears the people answering the telephones would rather be someplace else. I was reading some of the other posts and someone stated "the name of the game is delay", yes, I agree. Are the powers that be waiting for us to die? Holli

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't feel too bad. The VA has already lost my latest claim and I only filed at the beginning of August. There is a black hole at the St. Petersburg Regional Office from which even light cannot escape. I think that they just shred the claims when they get too many. They did this in the past with a claim of mine and even admitted that a lazy employee did this on purpose. It was a claim for Fee Base and I got my money. I think they were so worried I might create a fuss they just took me aside and told me I would be paid without further adieu. The employee was mad so he just threw my claim away. The boss at Fee Base said the employee would be disciplined. He is actually probably running the place now for improving efficency by shredding claims.

B)

John- that is ESP!

Yesterday I sent my VARO's director an email inquery and mentioned that my third IMO is coming but dont get out the shredder yet-it is being sent to my Congressman ,among others ,too.

And I added that I have just sued them under FTCA for the IMOs from me that they destroyed in the past 2 years.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

You know if they can do this to you just think what they do to average widows and what the bastards get away with when taking advantage of grieving spouse or sick veteran. I hope they crap in their collective pants when you win you case. I am surprised the VA does not send out "Here's hoping you die soon" letters along with decisions.

• HadIt.com Elder

I say if the VA won't let you in the front door with your claim you go in the widow. Where there is the will there is a way. Just never give up or give in and you will prevail. Persistence is what separates the winners from the losers ,not brains or money or even the perfect claim.

Guest HolliGreen

I say if the VA won't let you in the front door with your claim you go in the widow. Where there is the will there is a way. Just never give up or give in and you will prevail. Persistence is what separates the winners from the losers ,not brains or money or even the perfect claim.

Guest HolliGreen

John 999, 1968 Army VV, Berta, and everyone else: Thank you all so much for your advice and support. I will never give up. A pitbull dog with a bone would perhaps best describe me in times like this; and I agree, it is war, maybe not in the conventional sense but war just the same. Berta, I like Al Green's music also, when i was a young girl (many moons ago) I begged my mom for an Al Green album for Christmas (the album where Al is sitting in a white wicker chair with green palm trees in the back), great tunes, great messages in his music.

Here is a funny one, not funny as in "ha-ha" but funny as in "I'm in deep kimchee now": awhile back I was talking with the/my VSO and he mentioned he had been to the regional office that services (I use that term loosely) our area and he was shocked. Why was he shocked you ask...he said there are files and files as far as the eye can see that are just stacked in a haphazard way. I then said, "you mean like the X-files and the episode where Mulder and Scully find a file warehouse in West Virginia with files on every U.S. citizen?" He replied, "pretty much so".

So I wait, but one of the many things having M.S. (S/C TDIU ) has taught me is patience. Thank you again to everyone. Holli